Dual exhaust on my 2008 F150. Should I do it or not?

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by ricksmith64, Apr 3, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. ricksmith64

I have always believed that dual exhaust on a V8 not only sounds better but improves fuel mileage and horsepower output. I recently sold my 2000 Exposition w/4.6 dual exhaust. I loved the way it sounded and would like my F150 5.4 to sound as good. but with the ECMs and O2s, I'm not sure if it's within my budget to make any and all changes.
    Advice?

Tags:
  2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

My best advice is to ask about it here:
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/forums/2008-2010-ford-f250-super-duty-trucks.194/

These guys have the best information from their own experience with a truck like yours - and would love for you to join them there

We come from many schools of FORD TRUCK, from the very oldest to the newest. But if you want the very best of the best, ask directly those who drive the one that YOU DO.

This is not a slam, but the best way I can help you here - there are a lot of us with different trucks, and we love all of them. GO THERE!

You won't regret it....

~Wolfie

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Moved to proper section.

No changes need to be made to the tune as long as you leave the O2 sensors the same distance from the engine as stock. Leave the cats in, or get some Magnaflow hi-flow cats. If you go duals on a naturally aspirated 5.4L I'd get a setup with an h-pipe. Magnaflow and Bassani both sound great on the 5.4l in my opinion. And don't expect any power gains on the low end, its all going to be from the mid-range RPMs and higher.

Exposition... I think you mean Expedition? :)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >