ECM/PCM 60 Pin Connector Damage

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by DaisyTx, Jan 9, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. DaisyTx

I have a 1991 F150 4.9 L Standard. Most of last year I was little by little replacing just about every emissions gadget that there is on my Truck. It still isn’t happy, but the Check Engine light no longer comes on and it has no codes to share with me. I have determined we are down to flakey ground connections and corrosion on the firewall and this here weird damage to the PCM connector. Has anybody seen this happen before and where could I find the black snap in cover that appears melted? Is this a junkyard only part? I am hoping that carefully removing the connector and cleaning any corrosion that surely has developed will make a World of difference. I also need to check out the cowl drain and replace the seal that goes all the way across above the fire wall. There has been a bad leak across the top of the windshield since I got the Truck and now I see why there has also been the seepage from the firewall the whole time as well. B60DB288-A2EE-43BD-9670-A5B0CA748931.jpeg #ad
    A3447E68-B93A-4426-B770-40E9876A6CE2.jpeg #ad

Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso