Electronics issue with 2015 Ford F150 Platinum

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by eschmidt235, Dec 24, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. eschmidt235

I'm taking my truck into the dealer next week to figure out why certain functions are not operating. Several months ago, the computer went dumb on me and would not allow the HVAC system, rear power windows, and the running boards to operate. They reset the computer and everything was fine.
    I now have an issue with the automatic high/low headlight beam not working, and the lane assist won't come on.
    Has anyone experienced similar issues? Should I request Ford replace the hardware, and/or software? Should I trade it in on a 1995 Ford F150 with no computer issues?? :)
    What should I expect once the warranty has expired? Can Ford install the new 2016, or 2017 My Ford software in my 2015? I love the truck but since I'm on my second electronics issue, I'm getting concerned.

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

A 78 will have less electronic issues .......
    Hope they have an update to solve your issue . I see issues with "bugs " often at work with vehicles I work on .

eschmidt235 likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Highly unlikely it's software, the firmware doesn't change once it's been flashed, and it tends to fail a single system, not several.

My guesses what it might possibly be, without being there to data log the truck myself:
    1. Lane assist and headlight control use same camera system, camera problem.
    2. Blown fuse (have you checked them?).
    3. BCM (body control module) failing.

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I've seen one module on the can bus derail several systems . Even cause a no start .
    Many tsb's call for a reflash to solve seemingly unrelated issues .

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

My '15 had a leaking windshield. Created some interesting issues
    check for water on the carpet, and then see if you have a leak

BKW and JWC 3 like this.
  6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Reminds me of the wife's 2005 Freestar. Water drip onto the PCM harness caused transmission clunking and torque converter lockup issues!

BKW likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >