Gas Emissions Part Search

Discussion in '1999 - 2007 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by D. Yaros, Jun 12, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. D. Yaros

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty V10

Am trying to find an emissions system part that Fords lists as discontinued:

Name - Crankcase Vent Hose Connector
    Part # - 6A668

It is a black plastic nipple that goes on top/inside the driver side valve cover. It is held in place by three retaining prongs on the bottom side of the nipple. It is NOT a PCV valve.

A pic of the hose to which it connects is attached. The hose runs between the valve cover and the air intake tube at the throttle body.

Any leads on where I might find the discontinued Crankcase Vent Hose Connector/Nipple?

Valve Cover Vent2.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

do you have a wrecking yard in your area? that might be a place to look.
    maybe rockauto.com under emissions/pcv

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I bought the one for my explorer from Rock auto.

4. D. Yaros

I do not know if the Explorer use the same conector? Do you have a Rock Auto part # or specific link to the part you bought so that I might take a look?

I was hoping Ford used the connector in question on other years and models, but have yet been able to determine that to be so.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

the end is the same, but the tube is shorter.
    Loooking at my 06 f 150 today, it looks the same as yours.

6. BKW Founding Member

This is the BASIC part number only. You need the complete part number by adding the 4 digit prefix and 1 or 2 digit suffix.

I assume you asked this same question on the t'other site, because I read a similar thread.

In the following posts, did you or someone come up with the complete part number?

My truck parts catalogue only goes thru 2001, so I don't know if 2002 and later is the same.

I attempted using the Ford Dealers online parts catalog, but it's a study in futility, because all I could find was the smog valve. :bigtears:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    dustybumpers likes this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I had the same trouble aftermarket Bill.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >