e4od cold shifting issue

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by dc7.5xlt, Sep 12, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dc7.5xlt

I'm having an annoying issue with my truck hanging on to first gear when it is first started. It shifts to second after a long pause, depending on throttle position, usually around 3000 rpms. After it shifts through the gears 2 or 3 times it shifts normally. It is in a 1992 Ford F250 7.5. I rebuilt the transmission using a deluxe rebuild kit and replaced other parts that I felt needed replacement. I also replaced the torque converter and solenoid pack with rebuilt units from a local auto parts chain. There are no codes present. Resistance at TOT is 34.9k ohms, at the ECT is 23.8k ohms and at the IAT is 23.9k ohms, cold. All are within specs. My question, finally, is it possible that the TOT sensor in the rebuilt solenoid pack is still defective???
    Any thoughts or suggestions on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to drop the pan and swap the pack for a New one if I can help it.
    Thank you for enduring my long winded query.

Tags:
  2. captchas

how deeply did you go into the valve body? what did you do to the pump? whose rb pack was it? sonex or some gypsy name ,

dc7.5xlt likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You're far more of a transmission guy than I am, since I come from the programming point of view. Could it be a speed sensor or maybe MLPS problem when reassembled?

captchas likes this.
  4. captchas

i had to ask JOE t from that u know who transmission shops list of past employees
    as to the ? ( is it possible that the TOT sensor in the rebuilt solenoid pack is still defective???) YES

5. dc7.5xlt

Sorry for the delayed response. Newbie to this forum. Thank you for responding.
    The valve body was completely disassembled, cleaned, inspected. Reassembled using Superior Transmission Shift Technology E4OD shift correction kit.
    Rebuild kit was Deluxe Super Kit from What Ever It Takes transmissions including Sonex sprags and bushings, Raybestos clutches and steels. , etc.
    Pump was modified by replacing the pump pressure regulator spring, tcc regulator spring, boost valve and sleeve.
    Enlarged pump drain back hole, and others as required for a light to medium duty application.
    Soleniod pack and torque converter are Power Torque brand bought from O'Reilly Auto.
    Refilled with 16.7 qts. of Mercon 5.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >