Explorer Explorer- toxic fumes

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by mete, Feb 13, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

First I've heard of it. I wonder if it's really sulfur or just a rich exhaust they smell, since it's happened at wide open throttle.

3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Any moron knows the catalytic converter makes a rotten-eggs/sulfur smell when you hammer the pedal.
    No doubt some of the smell might make it into the pass. compartment............But in today's sue-happy world it's "Oh, no there's a smell! it's making me sick!"

$$$ driven by people who think they are gonna get a settlement.

56panelford likes this.
  4. mete

Yes there are the suing types but some of us have serious cases of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities [ MCS ] . Not fun at all .

56panelford likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, there's a smell from exhaust when you hammer it... but you should smell it when you're behind the car/truck doing it, not in the car/truck itself. Especially considering how much air is pushing past the car and the exhaust pipe opening is behind everything.

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Some vehicles smell worse than others I've noticed..

OldjunkFords likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >