F-150 Performance Enhanced By New Sport Mode

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 6, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

That's a great idea from Ford! Why not add some driving advantages to the truck like the Mustang. Trucks are more popular than ever these days. Add some of the driving experiences you get from the Mustang has got to be a win/win situation for the new owner.

3. Paul Masley Founding Member

I got to drive one the other day. Funny thing is that the salesman did not know it existed. The truck was branded as a 2015.5 FX ($42K+). I did notice one other thing. The exhaust tone changed while in this mode. It went from a whimper sound to a deep throated sound, but not as loud as the Tang. I would love to drive one without that damn limiter turned on. 108 sucks but I did scare the hell out of the salesman.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Scaring salesmen is fun!

I thought of two things about Sport Mode this morning. First, it might put a dent in tuner sales. Then I thought... nah, Sports Mode did not put a dent in Mustang tuner sales. As a matter of fact it helped them. Reason? Whenever a major new version of PCM calibration takes place, there are a lot more details, hidden secrets and gotchas to reverse engineer verses the previous generation. With Sport Mode those reverse engineering the PCM can compare the maps and values in the regular tune and sports mode tune, which helps them to determine what's going on much faster.

5. Paul Masley Founding Member

I love doing that to salesmen or even a saleslady. The best is to have a saleslady to wet the seat. ;) They turn redface trying to cover it up squirming around. I had one get out of a Shelby, turn to me and say "Well, I never" as she slammed the door shut. I rolled down the window and told her she forgot something. Well, it went downhill from there. I cannot test drive a vehicle from that dealership now.

6. KingRanch01 Vet Zone

Love the sport mode, but it also sucking gas at the same time. That's right I bought a truck with the mindset of I don't care about fuel milage so it's sport mode all the time in and around the city!

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'm guessing Sport Mode is their way of giving people the power they've always wanted but still having the truck live up to EPA CAFE standards.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >