F 150 Tires

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Kensi, Apr 2, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Kensi

Hello All, I just purchased a 2016 F150 XLT 4x4 and the window sticker says it comes with 265x65 18R allt terrain tires. However my truck came with Goodyear Wrangler all season HT tires. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until later. The dealer says they are talking to Ford about this. Is there anyone here who may know why I got HT instead of AT tires? thankd for helping.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sounds like one of the following:

a) Equipment mix up during manufacturer
    b) Paperwork mix up
    c) Someone at the dealer swapped out the tires.

You bought a truck listed with certain tires, and it's up to the dealer to give you the tires you paid for. Insist on the right tires, and call Ford if the dealer gives you any problems.

3. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

try this number
    FORD SERVICE
    p:
    800.392.FORD

4. mete

Between brakes and tires these can be life savers ! My '09 came with terrible tires , dangerous ! I wouldn't drive in rain or snow. Mechanic said if I towed I would blow a tire .They put these on a truck with tow package. With two fingers could bend over double the side wall.
    Rather than screw around I put on Cooper A/T3 .Very happy , on my second set !

5. NRA4ever Founding Member

I like the Cooper A/T3. I put them on my F250 after 2 sets of Michelin. They had better wet road handling & went just as many miles. Plus they cost $200 less. I have Cooper HT on my Ram 1500. I really like them for highway tires. They do okay offroad but I don't have any deep mud.

6. Kensi

7. Kensi

Got my tires..........Cooper Discoverers. Thanks.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >