“Remote features disabled to preserve battery” FordPass alert

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by mrbraq, Jun 1, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mrbraq

Many thoughts on other forums about this one. The one most relevant is me standing close to the truck with the windows down while it was off. I like the theory that it’s using battery power to stay connected.

To conserve battery life for your F250 equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect, remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock* are temporarily unavailable. Don't worry though, nothing is wrong. This happens automatically when you haven't started your vehicle for a period of time.

Simply start your vehicle and remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock will be back at your fingertips.

*Automatic transmissions and power door locks only.

Tags:
  2. DonW

Sometimes, well actually all the time I think we have spoiled ourselves and would be better off without all these electronic gadgets. When I bought my 2020 all I wanted was an XL. Cheap, lowley XL with 7.3, 4x4, power windows, locks, a/c wear for ever vinyl seats and floor mats. Would do the same thing and my bank acc would be $10,000 + better off and the ride wouldn’t of been any worse….it couldn’t be!!

mrbraq likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Considering how many people over the past 25 years I've heard complain about batteries draining from a parked truck, and recommending to them to use a Battery Tender.... if this prevents battery drain down then it's a good thing.

DonW likes this.
  4. DonW

Not a bad idea

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

And I do think they are making it harder on purpose to buy a truck without all the bells and whistles if you don't want them! Some of the barest trucks you can only get if they are fleet orders. :-(

6. DonW

Oh. No doubt. In 20 I could of ordered XL, 7.3, windows, locks, a/c, 4x4 a little chrome but who knows what else would of been on it?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >