Favorite Fuel Pump Brands?

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by NC.OR.Explorer, Aug 16, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. NC.OR.Explorer Oregon Chapter Founding Member

1989 F-250 351 basket case.

Looking for suggestions for fuel pump brands.
    I need to replace the rear pump and I don't like the sound of the high pressure pump.

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I like airtex for my trucks
    here's from Rockauto

---------------------------------------------------
    main pump
    ----------------------------------------------
    AIRTEX E2000 Electric Pump Info [​IMG]#ad

High Pressure Pump; Two fuel pumps may be required, one mounted in-tank and one mounted externally.

[​IMG]#ad

$58.79
    --------------------------------------------

rear tank
    -------------------------------------------

AIRTEX E2484 {#E2032} Includes Tank Seal; Strainer required to validate the warranty Info
    In-Tank; w/Rear Plastic Tank, Low Pressure Pump; Two fuel pumps may be required, one mounted in-tank and one mounted externally.

[​IMG]#ad

$30.79 _________________________________________________________

Here a discount

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
    Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" box without any other numbers or characters.

[​IMG][/IMG]#ad

Please note: Orders are placed online at RockAuto.com. Discount cannot be applied once an order is marked as shipped.

The discount takes 5% off our reliably low prices. There is no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on October 14, 2018 so do not wait!

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

www.RockAuto.com

RockAuto uses Customer Lobby to measure our performance. Please take a moment to complete a short survey:

[​IMG]#ad

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Forgot to ask if the fuel gauge works. They have whole hanging units there too.

4. NC.OR.Explorer Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yep the fuel gauge works, pump is not moving enough fuel.
    I've heard of people having problems with airtex pumps.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Carter would be my second choice. Rockauto has them too
    Airtex has a lifetime warranty
    My 89 has used 3 HP pumps in 500,000 miles, first one came from Ford

6. roscoe 0202

if you're losing low pressure pump replace high pressure they started life same day
    roscoe

7. NC.OR.Explorer Oregon Chapter Founding Member

High pressure pump is 4yrs old, rear pump is 9yrs and front or mid ship I don't know it was in the pickup when I bought it.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >