Finally got my 70 home

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by 58 speedster, Sep 2, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 58 speedster

Is it easier to get parts on eBay or someone like Dennis carpenter? Any bad guys out there or NOT to deal with? Here's a few pictures.

Garry
    SF Bay Area

P1090896.JPG #ad

P1090897.JPG #ad

P1090898.JPG #ad

P1090899.JPG #ad

Tags:
  2. captchas

i deal with carpenter a lot for model a parts , good people, most of the bad apples seem IMMO to be on feabay ,

3. RP67F100

Working on my 67 I have found it best to get current catalogs or have access to a full screen computer to view and shop all the companies and determine best price and shipping There are a lot and prices vary on every part just like the grocery store.
    I usually use Summit racing, jeggs or speedway motors for mechanical parts or NAPA and Rock Auto
    Haven’t had much luck finding used body parts or panel or trim, so I choose the best price from the many suppliers. Have found a one stop supplier prices and shipping vary too much.
    If you want a list let me know and I can put one together
    Good luck looks like you got a pretty solid starting point

4. 58 speedster

Thanks to all and a list would help sooo much. 360 two bbl, where can I find the spacer plate under the two bbl carb and is the stud layout pretty much the same for 360, 390? I think its for the PCV valve.

5. RP67F100

The plate would be for the PCV, NAPA use to be able to get them. You can eliminate it , and put in shorter studs. The bolt pattern is the same for the 2 brl.
    There is a guy in Miami, Ford Era .com his name is Solomon Lunger that deals with a lot of High Boys and has a pretty god stock. Might be a good source if you can get him to sell anything. Definitely information on high boy.
    Dennis carpenter
    Mac’s and Ecklers ford parts —— electrical
    LMC truck parts - lots of parts- high shipping
    CJ pony parts- some free shipping
    Melvins Classic Ford —. Only place for repop hood
    Auto Metal direct
    Hope this helps, they will all send a free catalog, which to me is easier to pull them all out and search for a part and find best price
    Keep us posted on your progress. Have fun
    I’m like a kid at Christmas, can’t wait to get mine back from paint and start reassembling all the new parts

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Dennis Carpenter and the other big names like Carolina Classics, NPD, Macs Auto Parts, etc. have good reputations. Sometimes the best choice is who can get it to you with the lowest shipping costs. :) I never had problems with any of them when I was still actively buying. The only thing I'd go to eBay for is parts that can be used, or aren't being reproduced.

captchas likes this.
  7. 58 speedster

Hello there. Where would one find the chassis number stamped on the frame on my 70 f250?

thanks in advance
    Garry

8. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Hi Garry, I ran your vin on vinwiz
    VIN Format: 1961-1980 Ford truck

Decoding: F26YRG74274

Digit Usage VIN Decoded
    1-3 Series F26 F250 4WD pickup
    4 Engine Y V8 360-2v 215hp 8.4:1cr
    5 Plant R San Jose CA
    6-8 Mod Yr/Mfg Date G74 1970 (Mfg Oct 1969)
    6-11 Sequential Serial # G74274 G74274
    Wayne

9. 58 speedster

Hi Wayne. Thanks so much, I was wondering if it was a 390 or 360. I will have the VIN Verifier over to look at the numbers so I can register it. Is the drivers door the only place where the VIN number is?

Garry h.

10. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I am not sure about other locations, some one will have to chime in here.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >