Ford Dealers Inventory Saved From Floods By Town's People

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Dec 28, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Republic Ford in Missouri, like many places, has had to cope with rising waters this past week. Their entire inventory was at risk of flood damage, until people from the town helped them save 2/3rds of the inventory.

Here's what didn't get saved:

Bob Beine, the owner, posted this on their FB page:

"I want to express our sincere appreciation to the people of the community who assisted us during the high water on Saturday, December 26, 2015.

Thank you to our neighbors, first responders, the Republic Police Department, Republic Fire and Rescue Departments, and also local residents who stopped during the heavy downpour of rain to help us move vehicles. With your help, we were able to save approximately two-thirds of our vehicle inventory from water damage.

Fortunately, water did not enter the building, and Republic Ford Lincoln is open for business as usual and operating with full staff. As we await the insurance adjusters’ evaluation on vehicles that received water damage, we still have over two hundred vehicles in stock, ready for sale.

We are reassured that being a part of the Republic Springfield community is a great place to be and do business. Thank you again to all our friends and customers for making the past thirty-two years a success."

Tags:
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

That's pretty cool.

With the put pouring of good will I have seen around here...perhaps all is not lost to the punks and thugs.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Don't know about your corner of the world, but when the EF 3-5 twisters hit here a few years back, damaging and destroying several thousand homes in the area, I can't say I saw the bad side of people at all. The churches had more meals ready than people to eat them, volunteers helping from all over the country, every local charity and civic group stepped up. Only one incident of robbery/looting in the entire county, and that was from some out of state Floridians. Communities come together... (usually)

From what you've said so far, it sounds like a similar situation out there.

The storms did have a small silver lining out here. There's a new damn project they thought would take months to fill. We had 8 inches of rain in a 48 hour period, plus all the other rain from the past week and a half... the damn is full.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  4. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

The out pouring of goodwill is amazing here. My comment is related to the thugs we speak so much about and I had just read about the 2,000 teenage thugs, punks and punketts that terrorized a mall in Louisville, KY Saturday. The cops didn't arrest anyone... because they were outnumbered.

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Not to split hairs.... but, is the damn dam full? Or, is the new lake full, behind the damn dam?

;)

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The new lake behind the damn. Nearly to the top. Something like 6 billion gallons of water in the past week. I think it has about 15-20 feet let to be at peak capacity, but it's now considered at operational capacity. 2zq79ki.jpg #ad

7. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

we here in California are still in a drought doesn't seem fair.....

8. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That area out from the dam where the quarry is, might be good fishing some day.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's the first thing Peggy noticed too! Some good deep water catfish there in the future, probably striped bass too! Lake is 3 miles away, can't wait for it to become a good fishing hole!

OldjunkFords likes this.
  10. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If that lake was a lot further north, that's where I would be working it for trout.
    Channel and Blue catfish will probably take notice of the deep cool water.

11. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

First thing I thought too - that old quarry is a blue hole, and catfish like deep waters

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Actually the quarry is new. They blasted that out for some of the stone used on the damn. I have a friend who's 1/2 mile from it and he's in the process of filing a claim against the damn builder... the blasting has destroyed the foundation on his house.

13. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I am curious if your friend mentioned the potential enhanced value of his property being so close to a new water recreation center?

But, he likely has a pretty good claim. There is a class action suit going on in Dallas filed on the General Contractor that widened I-635 (loop around most of Dallas). Part of the expansion was very close to an older residential area. Many homes have developed ceiling and wall cracks as an, alleged, result of the ground shaking project.

The problem is, it may take a VERY long time to litigate.

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

His property taxes doubled in the course of one year. He isn't someone who is likely to move (ever), so an increase in property value doesn't help him.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >