Ford f 150 fender flares bolt

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Nate, Feb 14, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Nate

Hello I recently purchased a 2008 Ford F-150 ext cab STX. I wanted to put bolt fender flares on it. I was going to purchase bush whack ones. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Will you be putting on tires that are much wider than stock?

3. Nate

No I don't think so. I just like the look

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Reason I asked is some of those Bushwackers are pretty wide. I'd go with their pocket style, it's only 2" wider than Ford stock flares so it won't make the truck look silly with smaller tires. I think Rough Country flares look even better, but that's a personal choice. They are 2" wider also, and they don't drill on so that makes it an easy install you can undo if you need to. Not sure if the Bushwacker pocket styles are no-drill or not.

Nate likes this.
  5. Nate

Yes they are. No drilling required. You are right 2" wide the bush ones are. I will look into rough country to. Ty for your advice.

6. Grudge Match Founding Member

I like the kind that have the bolts molded into them instead of the smooth kind. They look tougher.

Nate likes this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Found out even the Bushwacker's that look like they have drill in bolts... don't:

tech_PS_flare_18.jpg #ad

Nate likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >