FORD F-150 WINS EDMUNDS AWARD FOR MOST WANTED FULL-SIZE TRUCK

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by FTZ HAIC, Jan 9, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 9, 2017 – The Ford F-150 has been named the Most Wanted Full-Size Truck by Edmunds – further solidifying Ford’s leadership in the segment.

The Edmunds Most Wanted award recognizes vehicles that are the hottest in their segment as determined by sales, number of days sitting on dealer lots, consideration, awareness and editorial expertise.

“In the highly competitive full-size truck category, the Ford F-150 stood out, besting the competition with leading sales and shopper consideration,” said Jessica Caldwell, Edmunds executive director of industry analysis. “An Edmunds Most Wanted award gives shoppers confidence and assurance that the F-150 is a smart choice.”

Continuous innovation is at the core of Ford F-Series success, making it America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years and America’s best-selling vehicle for 35 straight years.

Tags:
  2. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Yessir, our trucks are the popular-est. This CR survey compares owner satisfaction vs the others up to Jan 2017

[​IMG]#ad

3. gregsalmon

The Consumer Reports that I am enrolled in still rates the Tundra better overall, and WAY better in reliability.

Also I was sold on the ford eco boost concept and tried to to buy a 2017, first they were "held up at the factory" and then Consumer reports dropped them to "not recommended. Still I persisted, but on my last visit to Kirkland Ford here near Seattle Washington, they didn't know if they had one on the lot. They said they would call me for sure. Been two weeks.

[​IMG]#ad
    [/QUOTE]

4. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

a few days later...

You say that your CR shows the Tundra this and that ... and then post the same graphic image i did a couple of months ago of the F-150 being highest in customer satisfaction too. It's not enclosed as a quote from mine. Toyotas are usually fine vehicles, so why not Post the link or graphic of what is good about the Tundra instead.

:)

Edit: I'll check out your other thread...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  5. gregsalmon

6. gregsalmon

i was trying to show the apparent disagreement between the two ratings.

I don't really love the Tundra. I would have bought the Ford for sure if they had come out in a reasonable time.

I may still buy the Ford but when I went to Kirkland Ford a couple weeks ago they didn't know if they had one on the lot. Said they would call me. No call...

Seems like they might not want to sell the 3.5 ecoboost? It's a mystery to me.

Wondering if anybody out there has a 2017 f 150 with 3.5 ecoboost and 10 speed transmission??

Greg

7. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

I haven't seen the new F-150 3.5 Ecoboost around here yet, but it's a small-town county. Our Ford dealer closed a few years ago and it's harder to keep up with the new lineups.

I read your thread "2017 f 150 eco boost" and see that the deliveries are/may be delayed or in small numbers. I hope the Kirkland dealer comes through with your truck.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >