Ford Mystery Suv Test Mule

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 17, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Tags:
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Hard to tell by the pictures but, looks kinda big for the Asian market

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Looks like they but 2 vehicles together judging between the doors.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah they do that kind of stuff with test mules now and then. Sometimes because they know the bugs have been worked out of the previous generation and they want to focus on a specific part of the new vehicle, or they may not have all the new parts ready yet for a complete mule. Sometimes they'll even put a complete previous generation's body on the new drive train.

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I have seen completely blanketed vehicles on the highway that I had assumed were test mules.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, you get a lot more of them up in Canada and northern US states. The US deserts see quit a large number too for hot weather testing. Here in the south test mules tend to be rare.

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

We seen what appeared to be a rather large SUV in Dryden Ontario about 4 months ago, had no idea of what make it was.

8. pirahnah3 Founding Member

kinda reminds me of what could have been between the older escape and the current one.

Also kinda reminds me of an older rav 4 look thing. I might be using the wrong car in the Rav 4 but i see something in there.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >