Ford Oasis Report

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Oct 4, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If there's anyone here who can pull an OASIS report for me, let me know, it would be appreciated. If you'd rather not mention it in a public forum so you don't get flooded with requests, send me a conservation instead.

Tags:
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

What is an OASIS report?

3. Upland Bird Hunter Founding Member

OASIS = Online Automotive Service Information System

FORD dealers will give this report to FORD customers it includes: open recalls, and a complete options list based on the VIN.

Jon, not available on a 1956.o_O

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

;)animI wonder if I have any recalls they didn't tell me about?

5. Upland Bird Hunter Founding Member

Pretty sure you are "optioned out".

56panelford likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

You mean there is an expiry date? :) Thanks for cluing me in Mark.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I need it to find out if those Ford techs flashed my FICM a couple of months back when I had it in for diagnostics. Mileages has been crap ever since.

8. zip TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

.........and then some.

9. zip TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Last I read somewhere else you could only get one from the dealers. Getting flooded with requests is maybe the reason someone posted that though.

10. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yes, I was hoping we had someone here who worked for a Ford dealership. I used to have a couple of connections with that, but they moved on to different careers.

11. Paul Masley Founding Member

Ken, you can call Ford direct and make the request. Let them know what your concern is. I have opened up a case over the headlamp module on my VIC regarding the way I was treated at the dealership they sent me to. Needless to say, I have received the complete report on my car from the day it was built. I am now waiting on Cincinnati to call me so they can inspect my car.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

"FLASHED" as in dumped the "BIOS" stored in it or the performance profile stored in an EPROM?

Not to insinuate that all techs don't know what they are doing, but some don't have any (copulating) idea what they are doing, and that's bad... :angelic:

"Hey! Check this out - this is what you do if..."

"Just disconnect the battery and let it all reset"

-not to mention-

"I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything..."
    ~ B. Simpson

Theo used to have a Continental that had a radical program stored on it's ECM, it's amazing what can be modified with a laptop, the right program, and an interface.

Chris - I luv your sig graphic man!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  13. Upland Bird Hunter Founding Member

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

As in put in a new version of the program into the fuel injector computer. The various versions of the 6.0L diesel FICM flash can have as much as a 30HP difference, dramatic mileage differences, different cold start capabilities.

Its SOP with Ford dealers that when a car comes in for service, if the computer tells them there's a flash update for your PCM or FICM, they'll do it - even if it has nothing to do with what you brought it for?

15. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

So that means they dump it in, even if it isn't appropriate?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >