Ford Racing Videos!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Greywolf, Dec 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I kinda hope this doesn't get moved to General Automotive, because it's going to cross over into trucks, cars, the fan scene, upcoming events and everything else. But if it does, oh well.

And the one I think is going to be the big one to watch? Guess who's coming back to Le Mans in 2016?

The schedule ~

This is gonna be an exciting year in racing...

One more while I can edit this:

And like I said: It ain't all about cars, this is like to get into everything Ford. Surfing around I also spotted this 2017 SUPER DUTY first time reveal filmed in TEXAS!

* I WILL make one note here about the frame test video: Look at the hitch points...
    I'd be more impressed if they hooked on at the center of the frame, wouldn't you?

Nice crane though.
    No doubt about that.

My vote? Rigged

But the CAMERAS! That's really sharp...

Seriously though, a 70/75 T-6 fully boxed frame has got to be the top of the line.
    Your thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Where you been, I posted the Super Duty video several weeks ago, lol, and noticed that crane setup was rigged!

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Oh? And? See what happens when it isn't in a front end forum?

~ I actually thought I was being a little slick by including it into an "attention getter", but that's just the sideways working crafty little me at work. ;)

Give me some credit though - I instantly spotted and looked into the THOR RV and FOMOCO connection...

There's another video out there about how they acid tested the aluminum parts, but that isn't racing.

What do you think of the GT's chances in the European World Endurance Racing venue? Do you think it will show well at Silverstone, Spa, and Le Mans in the upcoming season?

Do you mind if this is followed in General so that everyone will see it without fail? I'd like to get everyone to contribute whatever racing videos that they find that feature FORD cars and trucks right here, because "RACING" is a cultural thing, and not necessarily just about the cars and trucks....

It's a "GUT" thing that is really strange and squirrelly when you try to explain exactly why it is. Or even what it is - why do we do that? What is the attraction?

How come doing things that are on the face of it just plain crazy and impractical (not to mention expensive and wasteful) captivate us?

Besides - the average new person looks in the general forum first. We should have something exciting there...

Ya think?

No matter where this thread eventually finds a home here - I call on every one of you to splash it full of every video you can find of current FORD racing events or events that Ford machines are in RIGHT HERE in the Ford Racing Video thread. :rock:anim

This could be big

I hope I "lit you up"

And then there are the rally events - FOCUS seems to be doing well there

The GT took the 12 hours of Sebring? I just got that, dunno how I missed it on the first view...
    Sebring 2015 - I gotta get a video of that on here, anyone? Post it up if you find it first!

OH HELL YES! Check this out...

That is what it looks like hauling ass in the new GT

It smokes Porches!!!

~This is like watching in game video from a "Need for Speed" video game - but it's real...

FORD is (F)ing serious this time out - it looks like 1966 all over again.

Low side, high side, it's as if it just doesn't matter. That thing closes in like some kind of predator beast - so much for thinking a V6 isn't enough!

I think it has proven itself.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Replies to several things you said or asked:

• I'm not moving the thread because I'm not into micromanaging threads, not because it might get more attention here. Your assumption it'll get more attention here, it's probably based on how you use the site, but the analytics data shows users tend to do one of two things each visit:
    1. Go to the home page, or the forum main page. Then they hit the "New Posts" button, and read/post in topics in the order they appear, regardless of the section.
    or
    2. Go to one of the truck sections, or a chapter.​

People who browse around various sections instead of using "New Posts" is a small number.
    • Honestly, I don't follow much racing. When it comes to performance I'm more into what a car did on the Nurburgring, HP/TQ numbers, lateral G's, 1/4 times, etc. I do enjoy watching a race... but only when I'm there live, and only at a smaller track. The new GT is cool, but at the same time... a big of a disappointment they didn't go with a turbo or supercharged 5.0L.

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They made a follow-up yesterday.

6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

No kidding - the load is distributed in a "CRITICAL AREA" no doubt.

~BUT NOT FOR LOAD BEARING!!!

What can that sucker actually HAUL?

Who is going to load that frame exactly and precisely on those points? It's ridiculous!
    A few inches before and after the suspension mounting points? And evenly?
    Spread out equally all around the frame with the center section completely UN - STRESSED...

You wanna show me FORD TUFF you better show me a hitch-on point about where a fifth wheel trailer will hook up, and then lift all of that stuff.

If YOU CAN'T - then you are faking it every bit as much as SNAPON faked every video they have ever done about their tool boxes.

~ I swear, they think we are all knuckleheads!!!

I think FORD goofed real bad when they okayed the release of that video. It isn't anything but pure Disneyland.

A FORD truck can carry all of that, and HERBIE can drive around a track on a chain link fence.
    ~Gimmee a break

I begin to wonder if FORD thinks we are stupid.

If they are willing to fake that, what else is not true?

The only thing I get from it is that they have a lot of money to throw around.

ANOTHER URBAN LEGEND: PUNCHED!!!

How many can they lift with a complete truck in a cradle, with a rig centered in the bed of the truck, so that the crane lift point is on the four wheels and the load is centered in the bed?

THAT'S what I want to see.

If they ever do it right, I will be watching.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I think the average consumer won't take the time to think about it, people go for "oohs and ahhs" of dramatization.

As far as capacity goes, a dually equipped 6.7L diesel Super Duty with 4.30 gearing is rated to 40,400 lbs GCWR.

8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

So the bottom line is: "That's Hollywood", and let the consumer beware.

I can live with that, but it still seems dirty somehow.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It seemed kinda normal, the over the top stuff you expect in truck commercials, like a Ford truck with a Chevy in the bed towing a Dodge up a rock mountain. Not doable in almost any real life situation, but doable with the situation setup so it would work for the commercial.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks they're going to 60,000 lbs after seeing that... especially since anyone towing loads that high knows better. :)

10. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I'm trying to picture an F150 with a mining truck on a flatbed trailer behind it - you just wouldn't DO that.... ;)

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Remember this one? It's for real, but you know the gearing had to be really short.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

24 Hours of Daytona videos are here, this is some exciting racing footage!

The 67 GT had some bad problems, smelled like electrical connectivity and I bet FORD is looking at that real hard - but a pull-off steering wheel with a chip is not a thing you can expect in a production car, is it?

Slide some finger food into the oven and settle back, this is a long video:

~Some hours later...

* More in a bit, it's late.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >