Solved Ford Trailer Sensor Kit

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by Obe, Jul 11, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Obe Vet Zone

Has anyone bought and installed the Ford Trailer Sensor Kit? I have an F-250 with the Ultimate Tow Package but not the Pro Backup Assist. I'm looking at the combo TPMS and Camera kit. I was wondering two things:
    1. Do the TPMS sensors also provide a temperature output?
    2. Will the monitor module work with TPMS sensors that are already installed in the trailer wheels (i.e. read on the same frequency as other TPMS sensors)?

I have a Grand Design 2670MK on order. They are set up for the Lippert TPMS but I have not heard a lot of good reviews on that system (and I want the tire pressure info on my Sync, not on my phone) and I also hear that the Lippert app does not work well on Sync. I was wondering if the Ford Trailer TPMS would be better.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tags:
  2. Obe Vet Zone

Follow up: The TPMS sensors supplied with the Ford kit do not have temperature sensors. The monitor module will work with other brand wheel sensors if set to the same communication parameters. I ordered the kit - NOTE: I ordered the kit online with delivery to the local Ford Dealer. After 2 weeks it never was processed (but the payment was pending on PayPal). There is no way to cancel an online order, no way to contact anyone about an online order. I contacted the dealer, they had no record of the order. I ended up going to the dealer and ordering it, it arrived the next day. Installation of the connection on the truck took 10 minutes (most of that was lowering and raising the spare to access the plugs for the trailer and camera). Now I have to wait until the trailer comes install the camera and TPMS system/sensors.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >