Just want to say thanks...

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Truckmylife, Mar 28, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Truckmylife Vet Zone

It's nice to finally find a forum that others don't make you feel stupid for asking questions. I do know about vehicles, just never dealt with a 1992 Ford F250 with a 460..lol So I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that have helped me out so far.

Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Keep asking and people will keep answering. For the most part, I'm not much into people answering a question with "have you done a search...that's been answered a thousand times". Yes, I can get annoyed with "where is the gas cap" questions, but that is for mods to handle. If someone doesn't have an answer or does not want to answer....their silence is golden.

Truckmylife likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I made my fair share of mistakes over the years, and I wish I had asked more questions. Besides, asking questions isn't stupid --- not asking them and making mistakes (and spending money you didn't need to) that's when it's not smart! Henry Ford was once in a defamation lawsuit over a reporter calling him stupid. In court he said he didn't need to know all the answers, he only needed to know who to ask, and that's what made him smart!

I think the only time to "scold" someone is if it's a safety related issue, you've tried explaining it nicely and they refuse to admit they're asking for trouble. You gotta say your peace if they are risking anyone's life!

Truckmylife likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >