< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. tvpitts

20230726_110948.jpg #ad
    I have this fuse on my 53 F100. the cable runs from the solenoid to the fuse & then to the alternator. I was told that this fuse is over kill & that I don't need a fuse that big. Would agree or disagree & what would you recommend ?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    Tags:
  2. iicap

That does not look like a fuse to me. I may be wrong but, it looks like a "shunt". Shunts are used to hook up an ammeter that can't handle the WHOLE LOAD that MAY need to go thru, that ammeter. Because the plastic cover blocks a clear view of the center, I believe I see two brass rivets or inserts. If there are threads inside the brass pieces, screws would hold the wires that would go to the ammeter to the shunt. If there is a visable link in there it could have double purpose of a shunt and whole system fuse. If there is a Mfg name on it, you might look online as to what they offer. Cap

captchas likes this.
  3. captchas

i just had the same issue with american auto wire kit for a simple 29 ford hot rod, in the kit they send along a huge 175 amp MAXIE fuse kit ,https://americanautowire.com/products/175-amp-mega-fuse-kit-500689?_pos=1&_psq=fuse kit&_ss=e&_v=1.0

which i simply did away with and used a more direct single 8 gauge wire from a single wire alternator to the starter/battery relay and a 30 amp fuse link to the main fuse box input,

so far so good no issues plus carrying a extra fuse link with crimps in the roadside kit is easy.

20230714_142541.jpg #ad

tvpitts and iicap like this.
  4. tvpitts

The fuse is made by , Hicks Anl - 125Amps

5. tvpitts

I like your car it looks like you do nice clean work

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >