Gas pedal options for a 53

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by John Wayne Curtiss, Sep 12, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. John Wayne Curtiss

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Bought a already built 53 a couple years ago but have done anything but drive it occasionally to keep the fluids moving. I've discovered that being 6'-2" is rather difficult in a 53 due to the small cab size. So, here's my question; has anyone tried relocating the gas pedal upward in order to get a little more
    room to straighten the right leg? I've looked and there are quite a few pedals available that either mount in the middle of the assembly or mount at the top, similar to a 69 GTO pedal. The floor board slopes upward at about a 45* angle and it appears to me that if a center mount pedal was mounted slightly upward from the standard mounting location which in my truck is at the base of that slope, then it could help a cramped situation. My right knee is bent beyond 90* when I'm
    driving the truck and after just a few minutes, my knee is screaming. Anybody have any suggestions or solutions to this ?
    Thanks in advance,
    JC

Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >