Good place to transplant 91 efi 460

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by macman_85602, Aug 31, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. macman_85602

I have a 91 f250 that i can't do anything with due to issues with the title, So i am thinking that i could look at transplanting it into something a bit faster maybe a 70s Gran Torino. The motor is backed currently by a zf5 so there is no transmission controls in the ECU so i can easily pull the wiring harness and ECU during the transplant. Who Knows what the Wife will let me do.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Could you possibly get a title bonded title? I've done that before for a vehicle with title problems.

JWC 3 likes this.
  3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I put a 460 in a fox body.......

Why not buy another body for the title, and do a cab swap?

56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
  4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I had a 72? Torino.... wish I had kept the car, not the girl. Got rid of many great cars and bikes during that phase of life. . :(

56panelford likes this.
  5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Build a sleeper. Maverick or something. Had a buddy total a built mustang, transplants the whole schmeal into a Granada!
    He woke up a few gear heads in this small town. :)

56panelford likes this.
  6. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Put it in a Ranger.

JWC 3 likes this.
  7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Tight. .,,,, fit . ')

56panelford likes this.
  8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sell it, part out the truck, sell what's left for salvage, and use the money for goodies for something you're already driving. Or go on a nice fishing or hunting trip!

JWC 3 likes this.
  9. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Got a buddy with a 73 f100
    No transmission. .,,,, sucks. Not the factory drive train. Trying to sell. Good luck!

10. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Those are the best kind...........

It will fit, seen a late 80s Ranger with a 429 in it.............the guy did a great job.

JWC 3 likes this.
  11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I found a built ranger on a Chevy lot about 93. I bought the 78 k5 blazer instead. ...... :(
    Memories in that truck. .
    Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, west Virginia, Alabama, north Carolina. .....

12. macman_85602

The cost of a bonded title in Arizona is more then the truck is worth.

I thought of that too I am just having a hard time finding a decent body to drop the drivetrain into that is affordable. A nice quad cab would be nice, but out here even the trucks that are trashed get top dollar.

A sleeper is what I am thinking just trying figure what to look for. I could always drop the 460 into a 2001 Fiesta but The motor weighs more then the car though LOL

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >