Veterans Zone Hacksaw Ridge

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by FTZ HAIC, Oct 9, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

New biographical movie about Medal of Honor recipient Desmond Doss. This is long overdue and I'm definitely going to watch it. Some of you may have seen me mention Desmond on the forums here before... I feel Desmond, a conscientious objector, is one of the greatest heroes this country has had.

Mel Gibson received a 10 minute standing ovation for producing this film.

Tags:
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I saw the trailer on this when my grandson and I went to see the Magnificent 7. This will be a must see movie like Saving Private Ryan was.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I LOVE IT - some men are made to be warriors, others are made to be saviors

You think of the USMC creed - that they will never leave one of their own behind....

I WILL OWN THIS MOVIE when it comes out.

I was looking at this too

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

His comrades had weapons to cut down anyone coming at them, he faced the enemy without so much as a pocket knife. And he went back to face the enemy not once, but over 75 times in one day... and showed this kind of heroism on 3 different occasions. That is a true badass with bigger balls than a hundred warriors. And that's no disrespect to warriors... its just an expression how much awe I have for what he did.

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

That is beyond righteous - the man himself and his own survival is a miracle.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >