hard to say chevy in here

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by captchas, Sep 9, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

while doing nothing thanks to this knee replacement issue, i've been thinking about a new/rebuilt motor for the old 64 C2 coupe,
    the old 327/250 hp has been rebuilt 3 times ,it's already .060 over with well worn bores making for a forgetaboutit block as it would need to be sleeved back to a 4 inch bore . not worth it to me, retrorod time IMMO .

i have in stock a 87 350, 638 casting long block that needs a simple freshen up, lite hone, rering maybe a set of flattop pistons in place of the deep dished in it, the block has flat tappets since it came out of a truck, has 4 bolt mains , lifter bores are factory machined flat for a roller cam, the spider plate hold downs drilled and tapped as is the front for a trust plate to make for using a roller cam a easy dream. yet since i have in stock a NOS 327/350 hp cam" yes that nasty idle one" i'd use that to save some coin to use ,say maybe to help pay for disc brakes up front to replace the drums the old lady has now, and is hard to stop NO PB

also in stock i have a set of double hump heads that had valve seats installed when rebuilt to make running lead free gas easier on the valves

since i can't right now pull off the heads to check if they will fit on the gen 2 block, dose anyone know if the 1964 doubles will work on the 87 block, if they do i'm going to have the local machine shop pick up the motor and do what's needed .

since he's backed up about 4 months i should be ready by that time to get back to working

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

No worry about saying Chevy, I have a Camaro out in my shop!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso