headlights

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by johnp, Feb 11, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. johnp Vet Zone

2010 f150 factory headlights to dim for this old man. Want to upgrade but don't know from hid/led/halo.

I read where the led is complicated. Want plug and play BRIGHT. Don't want to blind oncoming traffic though. Don't know where to look on the site for earlier discussions but I'm sure there is some.
    johnp
    semper fi

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Tags:
  2. redprowler

Were you able to get new headlights?

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Standard DOT is 700 lumens, 1200 for brights. Most likely your current bulbs are dimmer than original - they all dim over time even LED though they do have longer life. If you go with LEDs with higher than DOT allowed lumens do everyone a favor and aim your lights lower. :) There is no single answer for LEDs, there are so many different lumen ratings and color temps (how white/orange/bluish the light is), and its more than can easily be covered by a single post reply. I spent a month researching before I settled on an output I wanted, and features in the LED lights I picked.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >