Heat goes away

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by mgblunt, Aug 24, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mgblunt

I have 2002 Ford F150 with a 5.4 Triton I flushed my cooling system and replaced the coolant and water mixture as per instructions everything was fine but I noticed the heater was getting cooler as time went on and no loss of coolant and the thermostat is working fine so I thought the heater core was stopped up, I flushed ou the heater core it had some restriction but not much so when finished I had full flow I put everything back together and the heater worked fine for about two weeks then slowly started cooling down until I had no heat at all and the coolant is full. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I repeated the process of flushing ou the heater core and had the same results.

2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

- Maybe the blend door isn't working? If I recall correctly it's electrically operated, not vacuum operated like some.
    - Just to be double sure the heater core is flowing, after the truck is warmed up and the heater turned on, is one hose to the heater core hot, and the other cold?

3. mgblunt

The blend door works because when I flush the core and the heat is there the blend door works fine as far as the hoses one is hotter than the other but neither is cold.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >