Heater Air Box/Plenum

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by blueoval100, May 31, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. blueoval100 Founding Member

Anybody out there have a ford diagram or detail pictures of the air box assembly for a 1974 F100 non a/c and not the high output. I just did a clean up on mine including a bit of fiberglass repair and replacing the blower resistor. There's a few small holes near the air exit and wondering if there may be another section of the box that's been removed at some time.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Tags:
  2. blueoval100 Founding Member

Photos of the air box for my truck. Notice the holes around the blower fan opening and around the defroster vent mechanism.
    001.JPG #ad
    003.JPG #ad
    004.JPG #ad

3. BKW Founding Member

email [email protected] and I'll send you the parts catalog pic.

4. blueoval100 Founding Member

Will do Bill...and thanks for the help regarding the heater control panel also. I'll Send you an email after work.

5. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

6. blueoval100 Founding Member

Thanks Dennis. Not hard to find your name. You're kind of a celebrity.
    Looks like I need 18C306. I googled that and it appears that number is used on a few different vehicles. Some more searching and I found the complete part # of D3TZ-18C306-A. Can somebody verify and does anybody have one ??? I have the other vent assembly (18A660 )
    BTW....Is it possible to buy a copy of the Ford manual you guy's have that has these diagrams ?
    I'm guessing it's not just a "service" manual. Maybe a "chassis" manual.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  7. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

8. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

You're looking for the floor vent.

9. BKW Founding Member

Dennis can post parts catalog pics, I cannot, why I dunno. Have posted 100's on FTE, but here on FTZ, no workee.

1973/79 Ford 100/500 (Light) Truck Parts Catalog available on a C/D from, as Dennis said: hipoparts.com

Make sure this is what you order, cuz there's another: 1973/79 600/900 (Heavy) Truck Parts Catalog.

D3TZ-18C306-A .. Heater Air Distribution Register / Obsolete

Applications: 1973/79 F100/350 & 1978/79 Bronco.

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

10. blueoval100 Founding Member

Geez Bill, I love how you have access to such great information but....YOU'RE KILLIN ME !! LOL
    Ok...since I know you have access to great resources, How about giving up the names of some really good used parts sources.
    Thanks again fellas for all the help. Much appreciated.

11. BKW Founding Member

Flashback F-100's in Reidsville NC (flashbackf100s.com - 336-421-3979).

The only other sources I know about are here in LA LA Land / Ecology Auto Wrecking (pick-a-part) in Santa Fe Springs & San Bernardino.

Early Ford Store in San Dimas has NOS, used and repro parts, but most of the used parts are 1956 and earlier.

GOLD MINE! There's a long time family owned (since 1929) truck dismantler's yard, but no one is allowed to walk thru the buildings or in the yard, almost no one that is.

I've been hitting this yard since 1967 and when I was working, this yard was one of my wholesale accounts. But, they will not ship out of CA, so most of the older used and NOS parts they have (there's a lot of it!), have been there since grandma was a gal.

When Dennis was here in June 2011, I took him there along with Anthony (f350spercamprspeal) who was also staying here. Dennis spent most of the time sitting on his rump in the office...BS'ing with the owner, while I took Anthony throughout the yard pointing out all the goodies.

When the Ford/Merc Long Beach assembly plant closed in 1960, they bought all the parts. When the former Cadillac factory branch became a privately owned Cadillac dealer in the 1960's, they bought all the parts. When the Pico Rivera L/M assembly plant closed in the 1980's, they bought all the parts. When the Mopar parts warehouse closed in Vernon, they bought all the parts. When the Studebaker assembly plant and parts depot closed in Vernon in 1956, they bought all the parts.

When dealers returned parts to Ford's local parts warehouse, they bought all the parts that the depot didn't want to stock any longer. Most of these parts were obsolete, and back then when Ford obsoleted parts, dealers had one year to return them from the date they were obsoleted (listed in price books).

They also bought all the parts from defunct Ford, Chevy, L/M, Packard, Hudson, Edsel and Studebaker dealers. Some of these dealers had folded, some of them had burned.

Over the years, I've bought most of the pre 1970 NOS car parts, but there's still a lot of NOS and used car/truck parts residing there.

And...most will probably still be residing there...when your kiddies become grandparents!

12. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

I'll have you know I wandered the mezzanine and actually moved parts looking for treasure...while disabled ...while the little weasel wouldn't do anything.
    I was all over the place until I ran out of gas.
    my sitting was less than 20 minutes. ;)

13. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

That piece you're looking for is still attached to the plenum I pulled out of the 75.

You want experienced parts?

Bring $5000 up here with you and you can have the $10,000 worth of parts I have.

14. BKW Founding Member

You ran out of gas pretty early, kiddo...and I don't recall you being disabled while we walked around the various car and truck shows and the repro parts sellers.

And, I don't recall you using a cane. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've been using a cane since 1997, because I am disabled. I also have had D/P (handicap) license plates since 2001.

And you certainly weren't disabled in restaurants where the food you were chawing on, 'went down the hatch' at an alarming pace!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  15. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

Well I was.
    Arithritis,Fibromyalgia, Completely torn ACLS,MCLS, no cartilage in knees. No cane for me. Maybe a scooter soon.
    I try not to complain about my issues because it sounds wimpy.

The eating part.....I was famished the day I arrived. Don't judge things like that.
    My sister would have eaten in half the time I did.
    Us kids were always on the move so eating fast was a learned trait.

I don't do it much anymore.the stroke has slowed me down.

Thanks for playing though ;)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >