old truck on new chassis

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by finkous, Aug 22, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. finkous

anyone here on the forum put an dent style ford on a 2000+ chassis??

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Interesting. .... crown Vic front swap is common. Front subframe and engine fits is fairly easy.
    Body swaps. ..... interested.

56panelford likes this.
  3. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I think anything is possible with a torch and $$$$

56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
  4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Lots of careful measuring and cursing later involved, frames are wider, wheel bases are likely longer or shorter depending what is used. If it's just for suspension upgrades I'd just contact places like Heidt's , Fatman fabrications, or TCI . Most of those outfits make cross members that weld or bolt in place and ends up being a lott cheaper in the long run..

JWC 3 likes this.
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

My panel was built on a 72 C10 chassis which is the same width frame but the track width I didn't allow for which was wider by 4 inches and created digging much deeper in my pockets to make it work. No I just finished another 56 on it's original frame with a Heidt's front cross member and it drives and steers so much better. Really do your homework, frame swaps sound better than they really are....

JWC 3 likes this.
  6. finkous

i'll look into the aftermarket suspension, but i was looking to gain by getting a diesel, along with a 5 spd manual and the smoother ride. theres a guy in my neighborhood that has put a 77 ford onto a 98 chassis, just having a hard time catching up with him to have a look at how he did his

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you're going to put a Super Duty chassis under it, go for a 2008+. The turning radius on the Super Duty was really bad until 2008.

8. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

Interesting tidbit!
    2WD? 4WD? Both?

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I put a 70's van on a 73 high boy.
    There is a LOT of work changing things over.
    Things don't always go as planned either........

That truck is probably still in a field somewhere near Fredrick Md.......
    Never did see any road time.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >