Here Are Two Of My Money Suckin' Projects...

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by KW5413, May 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

MORE TA 004.JPG #ad
    NOVA AT LAKE 002.JPG #ad
    MORE TA 002.JPG #ad
    1970 Nova Matching #'s Documented SS And 1978 transmission Am with Matching #'s, as well.

Tags:
    captchas, 56panelford and FTZ HAIC like this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Very nice!

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

The Nova has been pumped up to about 390 H.P. from the factory original 300 H.P. About all I have left to do with her is paint. She looks good but, the old girl is starting to show her roots. :)

The T/A has new paint and original Pontiac 400 and I have ordered the interior hard parts. She feels / sounds like someone put a mild thumper in her at some point in time.

Both cars run GREAT!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

This is the T/A when I first picked her up...

137.JPG #ad

56panelford likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The 2nd gen T/As always make me smile. No matter the color I still think Smokey and the Bandit. That movie is even funnier now that I'm older and can really appreciate Jackie Gleason's talent.

KW5413 likes this.
  6. dexmann1 Founding Member

I had a '78 T/A with a 400 in high school...wish I still had it!

KW5413 likes this.
  7. pirahnah3 Founding Member

Very nice projects. they look like fun to drive.

KW5413 likes this.
  8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

They are a lot of fun. My youngest daughter loves driving them.

We always get ''thumbs up'' at stop lights and can't get out of a gas stations without getting into conversations.

9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Well, spent some time and $$$$ on the T/A of late. Replaced the two rear seat interior side panels and both sail panels. Replaced the rear package tray but, added two Kicker speakers for the new Kenwood radio. New carpet and new floor pans...one thing begets another on these old girls :(

The console had been beat up pretty bad and had a couple cigarette burns on it. Once I saw that a new, uncovered, console would run over $ 250.00 we set to fixing the one I had. We added small sheet metal panels and 0.500 " aluminum angle to the interior beef it back up. Then we machined a 0.250" thick piece of Lexan to fit on the wide part of the console under the radio to cover some burns. Painted the back side of the Lexan and brushed aluminum Fire breather on it to break up the color.

When we removed the OEM cassette radio I decided that I didn't want to cut out any original mounting structure so we placed the new radio in the map pocket just above the console. We machined our own radio delete plate (painted the backside of this, as well) and I ordered a brushed aluminum "transmission Am" sticker to match the fire bird sticker on the console.

So a lot of work...more than I can detail here but, that is the short version of the latest and greatest. Here's a couple of pics.

IMG_0060.JPG #ad

IMG_0063.JPG #ad

10. dexmann1 Founding Member

man those pictures make me miss my transmission Am. I think I miss it more than I miss my '86 Grand National.

11. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Muscle car enthusiasts comb over the Nova. Especially since it is mostly an all original SS.

Everybody drools over the T/A.

That Grand National was really trying to hold on to the good old days.

12. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Damn...Another one bites the dust. 1979 T/A. Nice mostly original car that I have seen about town. :(

Somebody is going to have a new project car.

251687686bf4b8848a6112efc6916564.jpg #ad

13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That sucks.... big time!

14. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Looks painful

15. TK Archer

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso