hot ride

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by johnp, Mar 11, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. johnp Vet Zone

Coming back from a v.a. appointment today (interstate 77) I thought it was awful hot in my 2010 f 150. So, like anybody would do, I turned the temp. control down to half. A few minutes later I turned it all the way off... fan turned off by the way. A few minutes later, I rolled down my window....70 mph...25 degrees. I finally got cool but blew my wig sideways. O.K....fan off....temp control all the way off . So I tried the a.c....zip...still heat coming out of dash and floor ducts. Closed the dash ducts and by the time I got home my feet were sweaty. No unusual noises coming from dash, just hot air. Temp. gauge in normal range. The weather is supposed to be in the 20s and 30s for the next week or two so I can live with it for the time being.
    Any suggestions ? Sound like a little fix or something I'll have to finance ?
    Thanks in advance.
    semper fi

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

3. johnp Vet Zone

4. johnp Vet Zone

Dusty, its the door/flap that opens for heat and close for no heat. With truck cold this a.m. and engine off and blower off, ign. on, turned temp. control knob and could hear the flap open and close Went to Mcdees for my wifes muffin and left the flap closed. When temp. gauge said the eng. was warm turned on blower and it blew cold air...turned it to heat and bingo it thru hot air as it should. So, to see if the flap was working properly, I turned it back to cold. Bingo, cold air as it should. So, lets see what happens when I ask for heat. Turned knob back to the heat position and pfffffft, no heat. Get home , with her cold muffin, and shut engine off...ignition on, tried heat control knob and can no longer hear the flap open/close. Fan works as supposed to but flap doesn't react. Now instead of sweaty feet I've got an icy wig. Still sound like a resistor ? Flap hanging up maybe ?
    Thank you
    semper fi

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Resistor is only for the fan
    There is a vacuum line for the control.
    I'll have to do some homework on that. I'll get back to you

johnp likes this.
  6. johnp Vet Zone

THANKS Dusty. appreciate you taking the time. Next time I'm near your house I'll buy you a beer/pepsi.
    semper fi

7. johnp Vet Zone

Dusty, don't know what to say....my truck healed itself. Put about 50 mi. on it today. A little warm, 55 deg. I varied from hot/cold/hot/cold...on/off. Tried the air, all o.k.
    engine off, ign. on, could hear the door open and close probably 25 or 30 times. Thinking maybe the door was hung up ? we'll see.
    Thanks for your time
    semper fi

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Still researching
    Looking to see if the door is controlled like in my Town car, I think it is
    Glad to hear it is mended, still looking for th cure for when it "misbehaves" again

9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

When it fixes itself, it is typically a blend door issue. Seen it on both Ford and GM trucks.

10. johnp Vet Zone

Think it was just hung up. Is working fine now. Warm weather coming, glad I can shut off the heat now.
    Thank you.
    semper fi

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso