How many small chassis ford trucks are there?

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Greywolf, May 15, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I have no idea anymore - it seems like there are more all the time.

"EDGE" for instance, never really heard much about them.

Courier
    Ranger
    Mazda B series
    Bronco
    Explorer
    Edge
    Aerostar

I don't know if English Fords would be considered here, but why not?
    Thames Anglia Delivery (1940's)

What else is there?

Add to the list any that are missing, please.

Tags:
  2. BKW Founding Member

1972/82 Courier was a "rebadged" Mazda B series. The newer Mazda B Series Pickups were "rebadged" Rangers.

Mazda Navajo is a "rebadged" Explorer Sport.

The new 2015 Edge is based off the Fusion. Prior years, it was a "rebadged" Mazda CX9.

Ford Transit Connect sold in the UK and Europe is now sold here in the US

It's based off the so-called 'new' 2013 Escape (sold in Europe since 2008 as the Kuga), which is based off the current Focus.

There were so many small Ford trucks sold in the UK & Europe, I doubt anyone but a collector could name all of them.

IMO, the "limey" collector market is so slight in the US, that I see no reason to include them in this forum.

For example, what member of this forum will have: parts catalogs, owners/shop manuals, sales brochures for these old rolling piles of misery?

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I kind of thought so. But I still to this day remember a Thames drag truck that used to hang out on the strip in El Cajon/Santee California on Second Street late at night.

It was the one machine that NOBODY dared to run against.

If you could take a pure race engine and driveline, and wrap it in the smallest amount of metal needed to make it street legal - that's what it was.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

To answer your question Greywolf..... we cannot be all things to everyone. We are staying focused on our core audience.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. NRA4ever Founding Member

I have a 03 edge. Its a 2x4 Ranger with a 3 inch lift & torsion bar front springs. It has 2 burnt valves . I wish I'd known more about the 3.0 motor. I would not have bought it. 3.0slow no power,crappy mileage & lots of motor issues. It had a new ford long block when I bought it. The valves went at 40k. No more Rangers for me.

6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

What kind of shape is the cab and bed in?

7. 57FordGuy Founding Member

8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Not a bad deal.

9. 57FordGuy Founding Member

If it where a little closer than 100 miles and/or a driver.

10. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

2 wheel drive...............might be fun with a fox-body 5.0 installed.
    Needs to be 4x4 before I get excited.

11. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I had an 02 Edge. My misfire according to the scanner was cylinder 5, but it was in fact no compression number 2. I guess with harmonics the ecm tried to compensate and came up with a cyl 5 misfire.

Great little truck up to that point though, I had it about 12 years.

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >