i dont know what exact engine my truck have ,

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by nico palacios, Feb 21, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. nico palacios

hi i have this custom f 350 4x4 1981 , it was an ambulance that california donate to argentinian goverment in the 80's and here in argentina , no one here can tell me the exact engine, thanks a lot ford custom 1.jpg #ad
    ford custom 2.jpg #ad
    ford custom 3.jpg #ad
    ford custom 4.jpg #ad
    ford custom.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

unfortunately, the VIN on your paper comes back invalid. can you post the VIN off the dash plate ?

3. BKW Founding Member

This is an export VIN, the 8th digit is the engine code, but there's no US/Canadian VIN engine code of 6.

All 1981 and later vehicles have a 17 digit VIN

This truck was sold as a Cab & Chassis, no "back of cab" equipment, so the pickup bed was installed at some later date by a previous owner.

If it's a six cylinder, it's the 4.9L 300 I-6 // If a V8: It could be a 351M or 400 that have 8 valve cover bolt holes per side. If a 351W, has 6 valve cover bolt holes per side.

The painted green plate is the Buck Tag that was attached to the firewall. Codes on Buck Tags were used by assembly line workers, cannot be decoded.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso