< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Captaindouche

So i consider myself a decent mechanic but when it comes to wiring and electrical i'm not the guy to ask. I recently have been struggling with a brake fuse trip, it started slow only tripping once every week or so, but now the fuse wont last more than a drive. I've checked the wiring from front to back and everything seems in decent enough shape. All i can see is the wires connected to the brake light switch, which i replaced, have a little cut in the insulation, but i dont know if that is enough for how much the fuse trips. Additionally a fun new problem has arose in which whenever i turn the wheel the radio and windows stop working. This started even slower, first it was when i turned the truck on, and that was rare, but now its almost every time i turn the thing over. And if the radio does come on it shuts off once i turn the wheel. All the wiring i know of inside the column is just the turn signal relay which i replaced as well. I have no idea where to start on that one. Any knowledge on either of these topics would be extremely heplful.

Tags:
  2. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

check the wiring harness on the driver side frame at the back side of the inner fender. it is where the harness goes from the frame up to the top, I have seen a few get pinched there as the body mounts start to sag. turning the wheel causes the frame and body to move causing the short.

gscrivner749 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso