identify pictured part - 6.9idi

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by LukeSimpson, Jul 5, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. LukeSimpson

Can anyone tell me what this is next to my oil filter. It's on my 6.9idi 1985 f250. The red wire is hanging loose. Trying to figure out where to attach the red wire. Thanks in advance. thing near oil filter.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Looks like an oil pressure sender to me. Probably not stock judging by the wiring.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  3. LukeSimpson

Clux, thanks. Yeah that makes sense but it does not look like the oil pressure switch is supposed to look like. And the location is wrong too. Isn't the oil pressure switch on top of the engine, center, near the firewall? Could my mystery pictured thing be a coolant temp sensor? Coolant Temperature Sensor.png
    oil pressure.jpg

4. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Maybe using it as an oil temperature sensor. Shouldn't be any coolant there.

LukeSimpson likes this.
  5. LukeSimpson

Yep, I'm sure you're right. My truck, that I recently acquired, came with a box of random stuff and there was a temp gauge in there. I bet it was hooked up to that sensor at one point. Thanks man!

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good call on that. I'd have just said pressure sensor and "hell if I know" beyond that, lol.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso