If you could have any Ford truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Sep 10, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you could have any Ford truck ever made (so long as it's a pickup), what would it be? You can include more than one.

For me, I still absolutely love my Roush F150. It was a once in a life time thing for me, back when Jay was at my side and really getting us going with Roush, and I intend to one day pass it on to my kids. Love the boost, love the way it handles with their suspension, plus I've had a lot of fun with upgrades and gadgets I've added. To this day I'm still thinking of things I'd like to add or upgrade... just wish I had the time!

The 2nd is a toss up between either a 1956 F100 with the rear big window, or a 66 F100. The 56, because no other truck - ever - comes close to looking as good as a 56 big window. The 66 because I love the body lines and it has the best grill of the generation, and while it's still the more rounded trucks before they got a more modern look in 67, it has the newer twin i-beam suspension.

The Lightning, like it but it always seem cliche'. The new Raptors, with a 6.2L supercharged, have some serious power but I don't want a truck that is lifted with that kind of power, I'd want it lowered so it sticks better... and the decals on them are a little too much for my tastes. The Super Duties, always loved the power and the roomy interiors... but the outside designs have never tickled my fancy... they've always been a tool, and no more in my eyes.

I understand not everyone feels the same way about different models... so share your favorites and why?

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

30's model for a dream truck . Flat head rodded all Ford .
    A 65 and a 74 both full up restores .
    Those are my choices .

3. zip TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

My current F350, maybe a little newer. The others would be a 66-77 Bronco, 67-72 pickup 4x4. 73-76 pickup 4x4 and of course a 79 Bronco.

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

This would do ...
    images.jpg #ad

FTZ HAIC, bigrigfixer and 56panelford like this.
  5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

A 96-97 F-250/350 460 w/ MAF OBDII instead of the OBD1 SD EFI my 94 has, a little more HP than mine, with great reliability.
    Still serious power in a package with computer assist, but a motor you don't have to be a computer hacker to work on.

6. Paul Masley Founding Member

I would love to have my old 85 F-150 Reg cab, long bed 4wd back. That truck did not care what I did to it. If I drove it 50 mph or 80 mph, loaded or empty, once it was rolling it was gone, averaging 18 mpg. It was an oddball, I guess like me. Oddball engine, oddball transmission, a locker in the rear and a trac-lok in the front. Everyone swears that Ford did not use the 351M400 and 5/s that year, but I know what was under the hood and in the tunnel. I drove it and I changed enough plugs in it. It would not climb a tree, but would damn well try. It would lite up those 33's through the upper 3 gears and bark 4th.

The old girl was like Johnny Cash's Caddy. I finally wised up and when I needed a part, I took the old one because the dealership would tell me that the part was not for that year. I made a great friend at the dealership in the parts department. As I approached his window, he would ask car or truck. When I said truck, he would get that oh fook on his face and then laugh.

Due to the crazy parts, we ran a serial number check and found that the truck was a special order, and it came in with the wrong color (Midnite Blue instead of Lite Blue) and it was refused. It was for a Canadian Oil Company rep that was in WV at the time. I always thought it was strange because it was badged as an XL, but had all of the Lariat Trim, but no carpet. Once I added the push bar, dark tint, chrome wheels, bed cover, rancho long bar 4 inch lift and 33 BFG M/T's, it was a bad ass looking truck. It would go anywhere I wanted and even into places that people would look at me with the comment of how in the hell did you get that in here! I put 400K on her and the only engine work was for a timing chain and a couple is distributors.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  7. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I would love to have my "32" back that I sold to my mining partner when I needed cash for my business. Alas, he died two years ago and his wife sold it to a guy that totaled it out the first week......

For now, I'll keep my 35, my 67 shortbed, and my 53 Panel (not a pickup, but was made to haul things...........lol

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I am thinking maybe one of these...

3f138fccc349a39e98fc35faa9f4babc.jpg #ad

....Properly accessorized. :)

3ddae727e6c276400f2c479b358db46d.jpg #ad

BKW likes this.
  9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't get it. You have a truck in the first picture, but not one in the 2nd....? ^-#

KW5413 likes this.
  10. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I love the old style Broncos! And the accessories!

11. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I like the brunette............

12. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

35 or 36 pickup with a flathead, overhead valves, 3 deuce setup, AC, auto transmission, and 4 wheel drive conversion.

13. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

At this point - one that runs.

But I do like the '32s and '34s, something about them is just plain cool.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    1970something and JWC 3 like this.
  14. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

My all time most wanted Ford truck?

OBS F350 Powerstroke crew cab dually 4x4.

I know Ford never built an OBS F350 dually 4x4, but they built F450 Superduty trucks in the OBS with 4x4. Some enterprising individuals built their own. Either find a wrecked F450 and use it's front and rear, or get Arrowcraft hub spacers and dually flares, or some combination of both.

I was lucky enough to drive one myself, the owner had built two previously, the one I drove was his to keep, but it was a regular cab. Still a fun truck to drive.

I'd also add a Raptor to my fleet. And a last gen Ranger with a V8. And a 79 Bronco. And keep my current F150.

FTZ HAIC and Texasjetman like this.
  15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I like them both equally :)

JWC 3 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >