Incredible Edible Cars! Why New Cars/Trucks Taste So Good!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Campspringsjohn, Apr 18, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Tags:
    56panelford likes this.
  2. mete

Animals sometimes have strange tastes !! I certainly wouldn't eat creosote soaked wood ! Closing the garage doors ?? What a farce as a mouse can get into the smallest space. Soy based foam ? When I researched that I found it was much hype as an article said the foam could contain as much as 25% soy foam with the rest good old polyurethane ! Search my comments about replacing my F-150 foam which degraded after some years as urethane always has !!
    One tire maker found soy oil kept tires soft in cold weather .They were happy as they solved their problem and got the bonus of "we're green with soy "
    Years ago I saw a photo of an engine block chewed by a porkie !!! No not aluminum but cast iron !!! Porkies are known to eat wooden buildings too. This can be stopped by spraying with ammonia every few months !
    I learned such things starting a long time ago in NYC where house wiring must be metal armored to prevent rodents from chewing through plastic insulation !
    Safe animals ? This morning I found that it's National Animal Cracker Day !!!

3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The mice leave the wiring on our older rigs alone, but it's the intrusions into the cabs that piss me off.
    Do those sonic repellers work?

4. mete

:mad:animSaw an article yesterday but it was gone when I went back to copy it .
    In NYC a guy had parked his car there for about 2 weeks then drove off . He didn't get far as it caught fire very soon !! It was all filmed but couldn't be saved .
    Investigation showed that wiring had shorted out things .A rat had nested there and she and her kids chewed the wiring !!

Some facts for you --The thieving politicians in NYC had for some years used funds ear marked for rodent control for other things !! So the rodent problem has been growing ever since ! The car owners comment was that if you have parked in NYC for more than a few days check wiring before you start it !

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Remind me to invest in a mothball production facility.

The downside is that the car would smell like aromatic naptha and I might have to wear a gas mask to drive it...

Still, if I knew of someone I particularly hated I could introduce rodents to their new Nissan, couldn't I? :devil:anim

(It'd be kind of hard to lift fingerprints from a deer mouse)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >