Inner fenders and radiator support

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Pushmower, Nov 24, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pushmower

I have a 67 F100 2WD
    I am wondering what year, or years do I need to look for at the salvage yard.
    My radiator support can probably be saved by someone with welding skill, but the inner fenders are rotted out just between the hood springs and the cab.
    All suggestions and assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Tags:
  2. RP67F100

There are multiple F100 restoration parts suppliers , all have on line catalogs, most will send you a hard copy of requested. I like to check them all, and find the best price. Don’t for get to include the shipping, some are pretty high especially on large items. I had to replace the core support and right inner fender on my 67, due to battery acid leaking.
    Good luck and welcome to the F100 family.
    LMC Truck
    Auto Metal Direct
    Dennis Carpenter
    Obsolete Ford Parts
    National Parts Depot
    Melvins classic ford parts

captchas likes this.
  3. Pushmower

I saw the ones that Dennis Carpenter has. If I don't buy them used, I will get them from that company. I just got the window seals and anti rattlers from them. They shipped quickly, and fit well.

4. Pushmower

Thanks for the list of suppliers. I am sure it will come in handy on my restoration.
    By the way, I hope your stitches healed well.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  5. Pushmower

After removing my rusted out radiator support and inner fenders, I now know that I won't be buying used.
    It was rough enough getting the rusted bolts loose in my barn. I can't imagine laying in the snow at the salvage yard. Even if I found parts that weren't rusty.
    So far Dennis Carpenter has come through with the parts I need.

6. iicap

Have you searched FB Marketplace, Craigslist or other places online for good/quality used parts. I find 67-72 F series sheet metal listed regularly from rusted needing repair, to items that are solid, no rust. In the Northeast where I am, there are a lot of enthusiasts who gather and bring back this way rust free metal from dry climate states.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

For most parts for 67-72 are the same. 67 has the most unique parts of the 67 - 72 years,, and are less likely to be reproduced. So when you see 68-72, its because the 67 part is unique. For example the hood emblems changed in 68 when they added reflectors to them.

Some parts also go up to 1979, like some bumper styles.

iicap likes this.
  8. Pushmower

I went to a yard near me last week. It was before the snow came. They have a 78 f100 sitting literally on the ground.
    The inner fenders look like they are galvanized. It was in beautiful shape.
    I spoke with the owner of the yard and negotiated a deal for both inner fenders,and the radiator support for 300 dollars.
    I thought that would be a good deal but I told him I needed to do some research. He didn't know if they would fit.
    From what I can find only the 67 to 72 parts will fit.
    I am about to order the cab mounts and patch panels for the floor from Dennis Carpenter. I will continue to look for used parts including Facebook marketplace. Thanks for the suggestion. My partner on this truck is my son. He is 31 and very adept with computers and the internet. He will get on the net tonight. I really have no problem doing a road trip to pick up parts. The North east looks pretty this time of year. And I have new snow tires on my daily driver.
    If I had a 78 or 79 this truck would be far cheaper to do! They even had a couple of the 70's ford trucks that my brother and I sold them in the late eighties.
    We thought they were not worth fixing.You could buy a pretty decent truck for 1000 to 1500 dollars back then.

9. Oldiesask

The galvanized dentside inner fenders will not work with your hood hinges, look at the mounting bolts and you will see what I mean. I will not rule out weather or not the whole shebang can be used though.
    There are two rad supports for dents, big rad and little, I think bumps only had one. I may have a '67 1 ton support in good shape, but shipping would cost a kings ransom.

10. Pushmower

Thank you for the information. I just ordered the inner fenders from CJ pony parts. They have them on sale for under 400 for the pair. And free shipping!
    After sending pictures of the floor to my son in law we decided to replace the whole floor. As if by magic I just received the LMC truck catalog in the mail.
    They have the floor pan for around 1000 dollars. That is the plan at this point. I will be waiting until the new year to get more parts.
    Today I will take some pictures of the progress. Then I will figure out how to change the format so I can post them.

captchas likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >