Installing seats

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by macman_85602, May 24, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. macman_85602

Hello
    I am currently working on my Pastor's truck 68 f250 390 c6 2wd.

We are looking at installing a set of power seats out of my old Taurus. any idea what i will need to do to make them work?

Scott

Tags:
  2. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Hi Scott...

I'm not familiar with the Taurus but most are similiar... some have front/back some have 6 way control and some are heated... basically you need a fused 12 volt line running back there to the seats with provisions for a relay and a switch. decide what functions you want to use and wire them up... the wiring isn't complicated. Just use a jumper battery pack and start applying voltages to wires and see what moves. When you turn it over you'll see one or two or three motors depending on seat functions and some leads that go to the heaters... It will be pretty obvious what does what. Some even have a little black box that contains the circuits for seat belt warnings and other options... I would ignore and bypass that if at all possible.

You should be able to find wiring diagrams online with a little creative Google work... I think building the bases will be a bigger project that wiring up the seats.

john

3. BKW Founding Member

1965/66 F100/250 Rangers came with bucket seats as standard equipment, were optional on all 1967/72 F100/350's.

In order to get these seats to fit properly, four special brackets were required to raise and level the seats. These bolted to the floor pan, then the seat tracks bolted to these.

FTZ member Bill W has reproduced these brackets.

4. macman_85602

Thanks for the replies

For me the wireing will be the easy part it will be the mounting that is going to be hard. looking at having to kick the seats up 6-8 inches to get them at the right height from what i have seen the taurus floor pan is flat and the truck one has a lip so i was thinking of building a frame to hold the seats that will bolt into the truck that the seats will bolt to reneforcing everything underneath with angle iron. the floor pans in those trucks don't seem to be that strong and don't want the new seat bolts to pull through the floor

scott

5. BKW Founding Member

btw: Bill W (was the FTE AZ chapter leader at one time), lives in Tucson.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso