Gas Instrument cluster issues

Discussion in '1999 - 2007 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Rob, Nov 28, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Rob

I currently have a 2006 F250 Super Duty. This is my second F250, the first was a 2003. Both trucks have had instrument cluster issues. Is this common?

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Hi, maybe we need more details of the issues you are seeing?

3. Rob

When I bought the 2003 F250 it had some strange electrical problems going on. I had bought the truck off a used car lot and when I returned to complain about the issues they diagnosed it as a faulty instrument cluster. Fortunately it was a reputable car lot and they found a replacement instrument cluster and installed it for free. Problem solved. Then while I was in Tucson that truck was stolen. Insurance stepped up and paid me then purchased a 2006 F250 V10. Within a short time similar problems began to show up. It started with low fuel gauge indicator shortly after I had filled the tank. I replaced the in-tank sensor and the fuel pump which did not fix the problem. Then power to the instrument cluster began to cut out, again intermittently. I began to get strange indicators readings where the digital readout for my mileage was. None of these electrical issues affected the runability of the truck.

4. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I am thinking to check the electrical connections, see if that fixes the issue

5. wpnaes Southwest Chapter

Strange electrical issues always bring to mind the dreaded water damaged GEM on backside of interior fuse box. Sometimes water can seep under the windshield avoiding notice over time.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >