Veterans Zone Interesting note about my favorite weather channel (windy.com)

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Feb 28, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Among the other things you can call up with the 'view' menu (upper right if you visit there) is the option to look at a map showing CO2 concentration, and also SO2 (Sulphur Dioxide) in the atmosphere
    (click on "MORE LAYERS")

Now, if you look at what the satellites are showing us about that, you can't miss areas that are nearly off the scale in proportion to other areas. Southern California for example, despite the best efforts of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) has a dense region of CO2 of it's own - but then if you look around on the map (which is global) you can spot other areas and regions with similar densities of such

What is MIND BLOWING is to look at China!

There is a huge mass of red highlighted CO2 all over eastern China and Northern Korea and ALSO Sulphur Dioxide - which points to a tremendous amount of industrial activity.

As I understand it western China is mainly desert (the Gobi?), so for those of us "snoopy types" this is very interesting indeed. There can't be much going on in a desert environment, but the east is horrendous.

Compared to all of the other nations in the world, China is pouring industrial (presumably) contaminants into the sky at a phenominal rate. It looks like they are the single worst violator on the entire planet...

In fact, they almost add up to a level of pollution equal to or greater than everyone else combined

If you consider what Trump was saying early on about the USA having to spend SO MUCH and DO SO MUCH to make up for OUR pollution - go there and view that, my friends
    Trump was right! The other nations have absolutely NO BUSINESS hassling us when CHINA is that bad about it

~ They make the rainforest burning in South America look like a backyard barbeque

SEE:
    www.windy.com

* Welcome to the information age. DATA doesn't lie!

So.... How do we really honestly compare to the outputs of other nations?
    From what I can see, India is the second worst

Most of America is in line with other nations if not better

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Tags:
  2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Without looking at your map, I'm guessing the CO2 concentrations in Kalifornia are concentrated around the coast? Either all the hot air from the hollyweird types, or more likely around the ship ports where all the container ships come in to port and pull back out again.

Look up what those things spew into the air in terms of emissions, then count how many of them dock in california each day. They basically run the crudest form of diesel oil you can get. It's closer to asphalt that what we consider diesel. Solid at room temperature not a liquid.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Look at the map, I'll be waiting for what you say then

It really is amazing

4. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I looked at the map. Looks like most of the really bad stuff is along the coast, where a lot of that ship traffic would be. There's some spots in the desert SoutWest that makes sense as it's hot and not enough rain and wind, or trees to compensate. A few spots in the US seem odd, but I'd have to watch it for a few days to see if it's just a temporary issue due to this lovely weather or a trend. (spots I wouldn't expect there to be a trend).

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It's amazing what you can see using that website

I track storms and weather on it all the time, just so I know what's coming my way

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >