Issues with new F150

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by robertjhaley, May 5, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. robertjhaley

So I've had numerous Ford Trucks and always bragged about the good luck I've had. Well I bought a 2019 F-150 King Ranch last year - 3.5 turbo, 10 speed, 4x4. Sometimes when I crank it I hear a thud that doesn't sound good at all. No idea what it is. Also, I frequently back up, shift into drive while the truck is still slightly moving backwards and it will jerk really hard and sound like I'm about to drop the transmission. Also, when it's cold (just cranked it) and I take off, it doesn't want to go sometimes. It feels like I left the emergency brake on but that clears up after about a mile of driving. The dealerships response is "We can't reproduce it so we can't fix it". Anyone had similar symptoms?

Tags:
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Welcome to the site...They should know something about it. I believe there as been recalls on this 10 speed transmission. Not to mention a law suit. See Dr. Google for a ton of info. I am not clear on whether this is the same joint design venture with GM but, they have had issues as well.

Good luck

robertjhaley likes this.
  3. TruckerT88

If it is really important and if they need to reproduce the issue, you would have to leave the car at the dealership. They will have to charge for the diagnosis and if they see any issues they will ask you if you want to proceed to fixing it.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >