It ain't pretty, but runs good

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by RexB, May 10, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Cheers to our good old Trucks!

My '78 (with a '79 front clip) has stayed strong for long. Runs good all the time - just lapped the valves, a new carburetor and alternator, brakes and axle seals, regular maintenance. It's hauled us across the states a couple of times while moving around in the Navy. "Hank Senior" has a lot of bondo to fill the dents and rust and does more grunt work than a daily driver now. One in a long line of "Built Ford Tough" trucks to help us do our work.

Kioti_F250FlatbedGravelUnloadFmWest_07JUL07.jpg #ad

Tree Thin S. Side F250 Loaded, Kioti Hanging Out  11MAR10.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

You're using a truck for what a truck's suppose to be used for!

3. pirahnah3 Founding Member

awesome to see a truck getting her use,

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The 73-79 seems to be one of the favorites out here in rural Alabama. Plentiful, inexpensive, reliable and most parts easily available.

5. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

lol, it seems our Ford Trucks run better after use and abuse because they know we love them. (Is that a little S&M-ish?) Here too these year models are known workhorses and popular. It's an old Florida truck from when I lived in Pensacola. And why I put a lot of bondo in it. I still miss Flora-Bama, not to mention the F-B bar & lounge. :)
    This one still gets interest and compliments from truck owners at the gas station like "Runs long and strong don't it?" and "I never should have sold mine".

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    1978 FORD Supercab likes this.
  6. 1978 FORD Supercab

Hey RexB: Nice pictures! :clap:anim

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >