It's Car & Truck Show Season.....

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by KW5413, Mar 21, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Enjoy.....

IMG_0415.JPG #ad

IMG_0414.JPG #ad

IMG_0413.JPG #ad

Tags:
    Campspringsjohn likes this.
  2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

And More...

IMG_0416.JPG #ad

IMG_0417.JPG #ad

IMG_0409.JPG #ad

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

This was an official race tow vehicle...

IMG_0407.JPG #ad

IMG_0408.JPG #ad

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Which show?

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Every weekend now until early November will have multiple car shows here in North Texas. This one was at a fast food Taco joint, on my side of town, that promotes muscle cars year long. This gathering was to support breast cancer funding. Probably had over 100 cars.

In addition to promoted car shows with a cause, there are weekly gatherings all over town. Here in Rowlett, we gather in the Tom Thumb grocery store parking lot. On any given Thursday night we will have 10-30 vehicles. Some pretty damned impressive ones, at that.

But, to answer your question, this show was the Taco Casa ''Relay For Life'' car show. Garland, TX.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

KW5413 and Campspringsjohn like this.
  7. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Damn clux... if The Queen was much more understanding, in these matters, you would be buying dinner and beers next week. That is a nice ride as a stand alone GTO but, better pricing around here. It's the matching #'s 455 that separates this beast from the pack. I don't think there are many of those out there.

Even better, the owner didn't ruin it by painting it orange and throwing Judge stickers on it. Stayed true to its ''Born As''.

I don't know if it would sell at a higher dollar down here but, it would damned sure get more attention. I love it... thanks.

I am going to research it though.

^-#

8. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Still got the protecto plate and the original rims. Not many can say that. I immediately thought of you when I saw it. If I wasn't a poor country hick I'd go look at myself.

9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

0-60 in 6.6 seconds but the low torque made it a monster. Only 1761 were built with the 455 4-speed. With an additional 1986 of them built with the automatic. 10 miles per gallon BTW.

It looks like the 400 Ram Air IV was the BIG DOG for that year...but, I love that 455.

If I had unlimited funds, and The Queen had a sense of humor about this stuff, I would have this car and one of those '66 2+2s I spoke of in an earlier thread.

DAMN............

Hey, I could sell that, on consignment, down here for him. Shouldn't take more than...say....er, um....10 or 20 years. :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  10. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Asking price ain't always what they will take. Could low-ball him and see what happens.

56panelford likes this.
  11. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Same guy has a t-bucket listed with a supercharged 302. Kinda refreshing to see one with a Ford engine.

12. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

There's a good chance that 250 crisp $100.00 bills would drive her out. For me, the means is less of a problem than the ways.... :(

13. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Ain't that the truf!

14. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

I could hide it for you KW. Just send the money, your bride doesn't even need to know.

Campspringsjohn and F350-6 like this.
  15. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

You are WAY to kind.... but, thanks.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >