Juat picked up this 66 f250

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Alexanderthor, Sep 20, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Alexanderthor

I just recently picked up this 66 f250. (I traded a fridge for it and a couple hundred bucks!). I am excited to start doing some work to it. Has 47000 original miles and the motor is in pretty good shape. There is lots of surface rust but nothing eating away although the bed needs some more work as it's more substantial. This is my first restoration project but need a place to start. Any tips or suggestions working with this truck?

20160918_135357.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sweet deal, especially on a 66 which is my favorite of the 61-66 F-series generation. Check the back cab corners closely for signs of rust under the paint, that's a common place. Fortunately you can get patch panels cheap for those without replacing huge amounts of metal.

Finding a grill in good shape for a decent will be one of the toughest things, most of the other parts are readily available.

There are obviously many more things than that, so I'm sure others will chime in plus we'll answer questions along the way, such as parts sources when you're ready for that. :)

3. BKW Founding Member

Do not believe the miles shown on the odometer, as it reads to 99999.9 .. then returns to ZERO!

The painted (or optional chrome) front bumper is the same: 1964/77 F100/350.

The painted steel (Standard Cab) & anodized aluminum grille (Custom Cab) is the same: 1966 F100/750.

1966 F100/250 Rangers also used the anodized grille.

At one time, the anodized grille was reproduced, but depending on which repro parts seller had it, the quality could be poor as it was made in China.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Alexanderthor likes this.
  4. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You got a good start on that 66. The 66 is also my favorite, I have a F100 4x4.

Alexanderthor likes this.
  5. For-dragon

Any progress on the truck? Not sure if you have wheel plans, but in that solid body color, the black-on-black wheel combo looks decent to me.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso