Diesel Just bought 2019 F350 4x4 6.7 PS 149K miles. First Steps?

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by kdt_bowie, Jan 23, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. kdt_bowie

I am brand new to this class of trucks, and diesels in general.

So, this was a fleet truck that has carfax maintenance records up to about June of 2021. Oil changes, air filter changes, tire rotations etc. about every 7k miles. Steering damper was replaced Feb 2021 while under warranty, presumably. The bed was clean and in good shape, no big dings or scrapes, paint splatters, etc. There was a Bud Light bottle under the seat, though .. true story :) Guess the staff missed it.

Ford Dealer in Dec 2023 says several things done. Oil/Filter change, cabin air filter changed, transmission fluid changed, front & rear bakes replaced, three tires mounted, battery replaced.

The door was janky, hard to close, and they are fixing that now, as I write this. I don't get a "hinky" feeling about this dealership, they seemed very open and honest, no pressure. I usually trust my instincts and my spidey-sense never really went off about anything.

So ... first steps when I get it home. I don't see anything in the history about a fuel filter, and I'm not sure how well fleets treat their vehicles ... so I am thinking:

-- Front end alignment
    -- Fuel filter change
    -- Full transmission service
    -- Rear axle service

Thoughts?

Tags:
    kevingsaunders likes this.
  2. kevingsaunders

Congrats. I got a 2019 F250 last year. Some thoughts.

1) Run a fuel conditioner. I use Archoil in every tank and the fuel cleaner and friction modifier in every oil change.
    2) I got a dual shock steering stabilizer and had to replace some front end stuff to settle down the steering.
    3) Bilstein shocks made a huge difference.
    4) Pedalmonster, Derringer, and Datamonster gauge made a big driveability diff and I can do regens at will.
    5) Forscan, look around and customize things to your liking.
    6) I'm changing oil and filter at 5K, Fuel filters at 10K
    7) I'm at 100K now and will be dealing with diff fluid and will likely get a Banks rear cover and Spelab front cover.
    8) I haven't changed the cold side intercooler charge pipe. Highly recommended.

You'll make some great friends here.

kdt_bowie likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Check and drain the water separator.
    Check coolant with test kit.
    Check u-joints.
    You're just now hitting the wheel bearing replacement mileage (150K)

kdt_bowie likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >