knocking the dust off the forum

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Sep 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

just posting to knock the dust off this forum... no activity lately. I'm still working on cab, doing the last of the body work. Front suspension pieces off and ready for the coaters. I'm waiting on my painter to give me two sprayouts of my color choices so the coater can match them. Things are moving but progress is hard to see.

Cooler weather coming next and it is most welcome\

later
    John:cool:anim

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've never been a fan of the fewer daylight hours which come with cooler weather, though it does look like this weekend it'll be nice to work on my trucks.

jniolon likes this.
  3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

If you want to knock some dust off some selves I have plenty John.:)

4. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Thanks John..... with all the sanding inside the shop... EVERYYHING including the inside of drawers is covered in filler and primer dust...

what are you working on now

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I sand blasted and painted my frame , have it assembled but need to pull the axles to change out the backing plates that are in rough shape. Monday I have to go pickup my new rotors, calipers and brake hoses and start plumbing the brakes. Also stripping the brackets and manifolds off the engine so I can clean it up and paint it.

6. oledad Founding Member

I'm stripping paint on my new project ('55 Chevy Sedan) so my shop is full of dust also. Thank goodness I gave myself a new 24 X 30 garage when I retired to keep the "54 F-100 in. It stays nice and clean (and cool) in the A/C building. I have it cleaned and ready for Cruisin' the Coast which is only 3 weeks away. Keep plugging away John. Sooner or later we are going to meet up again at the same show!! Later, Steve

7. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

you going to CTC this year ??? we need to set up a meet if you are

8. oledad Founding Member

I'll be there Wednesday thru Friday. Plan to get my card stamped on Thursday (usually takes most of the day to make the rounds) and be at the swap meet on Friday when the doors open. I don't even try to fight the Saturday traffic anymore. You coming down? Hope to see you there!! Steve

9. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

We're coming down thursday ... leaving Sunday morning...don't know a schedule... give me your cell # and maybe we can meet up sometime

j

10. oledad Founding Member

601-341-7306. Wife and I usually hang around Cruise Central to suck up the oak tree shade and enjoy the sea breeze and old cars and trucks. Steve

11. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

now I don't know where that is.... we usually pick a location and just walk around... ocean springs one day... bay st louis another... where is cruise central

12. oledad Founding Member

The old VA center on Hwy 90 between Hwy 49 and the Coast Coliseum. 200 Beach Blvd. Gulfport is physical address. Large tree shaded grounds and cruisers in and out all day. It's where registered participants have to go to pick up their credentials. Music, food vendors, t-shirt vendors, and classic vehicles. A gearhead's dream! Steve

13. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

I thought they were demolishing it... had a Holiday Inn Express sign in front ??

14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

How's the sanding coming along John, still making flour?

15. oledad Founding Member

I was down there June 11 when the Hot Rod Power Tour set up at the old VA Center or Centennial Plaza as they call it now. Everything looked unchanged from last year at CTC. Heard lots of rumors about someone developing the property but as far as I know, it will still be Cruise Central this year. Steve

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >