Land Rover Technology Makes Your Trailer Invisible

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by FTZ HAIC, Dec 10, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Want to get rid of blind spots?
    Wish you had the view of a regular everyday drive, while towing?
    Want it to look seamless?
    Want all the above and still be 100% aware of the trailer?

Land Rover has the answer, technology which makes your trailer invisible.

Tags:
  2. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

LOL............A landrover towing a landrover, pretty soon a tow-truck will have 2 landrovers to tow.

56panelford likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What about see through your vehicle when offroading?

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I think it's a damn good idea and pretty cool too..:)

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

With camera and projection technology getting smaller and cheaper, I think we're going to see more ingenious ideas like this over the next few years. They are making a sky scraper in South Korea that is surrounded by LEDs and cameras, projects the opposite side view on each side of the building.... making it somewhat invisible!

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Cloaking devises in our near future, star trek is becoming real..lol

7. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

it's a quietly accepted secret that the Romulans own Land Rover

56panelford likes this.
  8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

And here I thought it was the Klingons

jniolon likes this.
  9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The Borg must own toyota.................

Resistance is futile...............All vehicle designs will look like ours.

56panelford likes this.
  10. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

RV's even ten years ago featured a full range of rearview and sideview (blindspot) camera systems. I actually found a 720PI camera in one of the boxes of junk I was sorting out in the last few days. The housing is only 1" in diameter by an inch and a quarter long, and it is linked by telephone cable (4 conductor).

Spot and security cameras now come in all sorts of definitions, and also both wired and wireless versions. In looking at home security options I found several systems under $300 that had four HD camera feeds and a receiver with an HDD either 500Gb or one terabyte. These might not be 12VDC adaptable - since they were house systems, but the tech is definitely there.

In other news I'm seeing HUD systems for gauges that reflect an image onto the windshield so that you don't have to look away from the road to monitor speed, fuel, etc. The Landrover "Invisible Bonnet" system must use a similar concept, but that would be difficult to even imagine coming from any kind of an aftermarket 'KIT'. The dashpanel would have to be radically modified and the image/optics matched to the shape of the windshield glass.

What CAN be done, and is an interesting idea, is to set up a "Nose Camera" at the top of the grill, and link it to a small flatscreen on the dash or in it.

In stand-alone cameras for surveillance and security there are a wide variety of options. Up to 4K def, color, IR, Night Vision up to 100 feet, and so on.

Many cameras incorporate motion detectors, and could activate when something enters the field of view/sensitivity zone so that someone sliding up behind could trigger the display (for example).

In '06 when I was still doing RV Tech, I drove a rig or two that had left and right sideview cams, and a rearview that were displayed on the center of the panel. The screen was about twelve inches wide back then, but full color.

Wireless cam systems mean that you can stick a camera on the back glass inside of a vehicle being towed using a suction cup mount, and not have to string wires between the vehicles!

So there are tons of possibilities now.

jniolon likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso