Leaking clear fluid

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by jaymys01, Oct 8, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jaymys01

8 hours after running this pipe is leaking constantly... what pipe is this? What could fluid be?? VideoCapture_20181008-200422.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

The picture looks to show an exhaust pipe. A slip joint ,and condensation.
    If so, normal. ...

3. jaymys01

4. jaymys01

Thank you... this pipe is at front of truck, near front tires, that is still exhaust? Thank you again

5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Well. I truly tried to pull up your picture. ..
    Sending me to a website.
    Nuff said. .......

6. jaymys01

The other person saw the picture

7. jaymys01

VideoCapture_20181008-200422.jpg #ad

8. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Ok. Front crossover pipe. Just in front of the transmission cross member. Exhaust.

jaymys01 likes this.
  9. jaymys01

Thank you.... it has never dripped for hours and hours after running before.

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Probably getting a little rust hole in there, allowing the condensation to leak out
    Normal. Cool air hitting hot exhaust

jaymys01 likes this.
  11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Can't really tell what color the fluid is from the picture. I agree with what's been said, it is most likely water, as condensation in the exhaust isn't uncommon. Anything else like oil making its way into the exhaust system at enough volume to drip, such as from extremely worn piston rings, you'd know it because the engine would smoke a lot while running.

jaymys01 likes this.
  12. jaymys01

Thank you... I can sleep easier tonite... it was dripping for hours, that is what I could not understand... it was very clear, water but had a slight odor.

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

It's going to smell. carbon stinks when it's wet

14. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'd say it's condensation from the air conditioner. Look at any car parked for a while and there will be a puddle under it. The way it's tracking down the frame, and the way our hvac drains are routed, that's gotta be it.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso