Leaking coolant bad.

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by farmerboy, May 3, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. farmerboy

I have a bad coolant leak behind my passenger side front wheel and found a loose hose but can not find where this hose goes. does anyone know where this leak might be coming from. It only leaks when the truck is running/moving and you can see it on the frame behind the wheel but nothing is on the engine, just on the frame and surround area behind the wheel. I can not fond a fitting or hole when the coolant is leaking. can anyone help or know any information?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If the hose is about an inch thick or so, it's a heater core hose and connects to the heater core down low on the firewall.

3. farmerboy

the hose i have found is only about 1/2 an inch.

4. NC.OR.Explorer Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sounds like the throttle body heater hose.

5. BKW Founding Member

Please, when asking questions, list all the pertinent info.

What year is the truck, what engine?

6. farmerboy

i own a 1989 ford f250 with a 351 Cleveland. not 100% if its a Cleveland though. its a 5.8l. but i have a video showing where i have the leak. i though it was underneath the heater core but it does not seem to be leaking there. i have a loose hose and can not find where the hose goes. im new into mechanics and this is the truck i am wanting to learn on. thanks for all the help.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  7. BKW Founding Member

5.8L = It's a 351W (Windsor), 351C only installed in 1970/74 Ford/Merc Passenger Cars.

Next question: Does the truck have A/C or a heater only?

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  8. farmerboy

trck has hear and a/c in it but heat takes a long time to warm up. it takes like 20 minutes to warm truck up

9. farmerboy

it will not let me post the video i took does the forum not allow videos. the video shows exactly whats wrong.

10. farmerboy

it was the throttle body hose. the previous owner cut and plugged it. it was also a leak in the heater core so i replaced it and put the hose on the throttle body and now it does not leak. thanks for the help.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >