Leveling new F-350 DRW

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Driftwood26, Dec 17, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Driftwood26

My 2019 DRW FX4 is too high in the rear for my 2011 enclosed gooseneck trailer. On level ground it is fine, but my travels rarely encounter only level ground, including the yard at my shop. If I raise the front of the trailer for more clearance then the front axle (3 total) isn't fully on the ground. So, I'm wondering if I can lower the rear of the truck without voiding the warranty. Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They can't void the entire warranty, but they can refuse to warrant any issues related to or effected by the leveling kit. It generally shouldn't be a problem, since a rear leveling kit is as simple as a couple of leveling hangers and a shims to get the axle pinion angle correct.

XDM45 likes this.
  3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

4. Driftwood26

Thanks Ken. That's what I figured. Dan

5. Driftwood26

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Ha, ha...no, I reckon not. My bad for not re-reading your post.

^-#

XDM45 likes this.
  7. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Raising the front of the trailer for clearance?
    You mean just to hitch to the trailer or you're adjusting the neck?
    I don't understand, sounds like a trailer problem rather than a pickup problem.

8. Driftwood26

I can adjust the neck to where there's adequate clearance with the top of the bed/tailgate, but then the front axle of the trailer isn't making contact with the ground. When the trailer was made in 2011 the trucks simply weren't so tall. Never had a problem with my 06 F-250 but the 2019 DRW has minimal clearance when the trailer is level. On level ground it's fine, but you know how that goes.

9. Driftwood26

Oh, and it's a 3 axle 45 ft enclosed trailer

10. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Ok I didn't understand that the bed clearance was the issue, I got you now.

I doubt that you're going to get more than a couple of inches lowering the pickup. You may need some blocks on the trailer axles as well to get the clearance you need.

Driftwood26 likes this.
  11. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

I, however, am very interested in the link, since I only bumper-pull......

So you helped me out anyway......

12. Kajtek1 Founding Member

You can buy air suspension kit who will not only give you lot of flexibility with leveling, but also way better ride comfort. I am talking full air, not air helper bags.
    A guy on rv forum did it. Not cheap option, but really good IMHO.
    I still wonder why Superduties don't have air ride from factory. Semi and bus industry is using air for 50 years and for last 20 even cars/wagons use air. :oops:
    I also have issue with truck level when loading my camper. I have to lift camper about 6" higher due to high rear suspension. Than when I drop level camper- the cabover will hit cabin roof before floor will sit , than the rear bumper drops like 8".
    Was considering air, but spending additional 6 grands after spending nice dollars on new truck did not seem right.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Probably cost and more things can go wrong with them like leaks and pump failures, and the lifespan of components is shorter.

14. Kajtek1 Founding Member

I used to own vintage bus converted to motorhome and the air bags had to be at least 20 years old when I bought it.
    Rear bags were pretty wear by road debris, so I changed 2 of them, even they hold 120 psi max pressure, but other 6 bags lasted another 12 years and sold to new owner.

15. Driftwood26

I have the Firestone air shock system on my F-250 which I was using to tow the trailer and that is a great piece of gear. I would gladly install that on my new truck if that could be used to lower the rear end--not sure that is how that system would work on the 2019 dually though.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >